Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Horse owners Brisbane/gold coast help needed

Horse owners Brisbane/gold coast help needed

Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all
Default Horse owners Brisbane/gold coast help needed

Hi there

Can anyone tell me whereabouts you are situated and what the local council regulations are regarding keeping horses on your property?

At present Im in Adelaide and our local council regs are that you have to have 7 acres per horse.

Hoping to move up to brisbane/gold coast areas but would like to know some of the council regulations as I would like to buy a property with room for my ponies.

The council websites dont seem all that clear

ANY HELP APPRECIATED
Old Jun 24th 2008, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

SweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Horse owners Brisbane/gold coast help needed

to keep a horse around here (flagstone,jimboomba) you need res B plots ,a minimum of 2 acers.We have just bought with that in mind as my daughter would like a horse.Loads of people around here keep them on an acre,council arent too bothered unless theres a complaint,a friends neighbour up the road has 3 ponys on just over 2 acers,
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all
Default Re: Horse owners Brisbane/gold coast help needed

Originally Posted by SweetGirl
to keep a horse around here (flagstone,jimboomba) you need res B plots ,a minimum of 2 acers.We have just bought with that in mind as my daughter would like a horse.Loads of people around here keep them on an acre,council arent too bothered unless theres a complaint,a friends neighbour up the road has 3 ponys on just over 2 acers,
great help thanks so much
anyone else?