Reload this Page >

Hornsby hospital

Hornsby hospital

Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:32 pm
Clinical Nurse Consultant

grahammanchester is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hornsby hospital

hi

Both my wife and i have just applied for our visa (E457). we have jobs at Hornsby hospital (working within the mental health unit)

what is hornsby like? how close is it to the CBD?

any info would be appreciated

cheers

GRAHAM
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

platapus is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Hornsby hospital

Hi

Do you mean Hornsby 2077 in nsw?

My cousin lives there..she loves it.

Clare
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hornsby hospital

Originally Posted by platapus
Hi

Do you mean Hornsby 2077 in nsw?

My cousin lives there..she loves it.

Clare
is that like a "plate a' pus" or just platypus spelt incorrectly?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grahammanchester
hi

Both my wife and i have just applied for our visa (E457). we have jobs at Hornsby hospital (working within the mental health unit)

cheers

GRAHAM
Hi Graham

I too work at Hornsby Hospital and I really like it. It is a small friendly hospital where people often know one another's names. I do not live in Hornsby but it strikes me as a pleasant place to live, especially if you have a family. It is not too far from the centre of Sydney but housing costs are a lot less than nearer to the city. Nearby there are some very beautiful nature spots. You have Pitwater which is an extension of the harbour. I think it is one of the most beautiful spots in the world - and i have travelled quite a bit.

What will you be doing at the Hospital. Maybe we can meet up for a coffee.

Best of luck to you both.
Ian
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:33 pm

yes hornsby in new south wales
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

hi

cheers

GRAHAM
PS. I have just re=read your email and see that you will be working in the new mental health unit. Well.... I will be working next door to you! We share the same coffee making facillities so we can definately have a coffee.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:54 pm

cool. my wife and i look forward to it
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

pendleman is on a distinguished road

I lived in Hornsby for 4 years (about 6 years ago). It's a great spot to live in Sydney I reckon.
Forty minutes on the train to Wynyard Stn (approx). Five minutes walk from the station & you're in Kuringai NP (good walking tracks especially Jerusalem Bay). Brooklyn is a twenty five min drive & from there you can take a boat into the Hawksbury Estuary, good for fishing & relatively safe. Maybe forty minutes drive to the Northern Beaches. Bobbin Head is good for families (picnics etc). At weekend you can get out of Sydney quickly driving north. There's a big Westfields shopping centre to spend all your money. A couple of good pubs (three in all If I recall correctly?)
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:09 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Hornsby round Westfield centre is paratment block after apartment block,this is because of the station into the City CBD. We lived here for a very short while when we first came over. Now we are in hornsby once a week or so for shopping. There are good schools and activities in the area as others have said it is not far to some beautiful places. Many of the burbs just around Hornsby are reasonable places to live as are some of Hornsby that has not been turned in to apartments.

The hospital is more than a short walk from the station unless fit and active. But possibly has a linking bus. The commute around normal peak times in this area can be busy as it is a major route through on the pacfic highway for all the commuters from up north!

It will depend on your personal requirements where best to live and what you want but to start it will be an easy place to get an apartment or small house and then you can take time to decide from there.

Know the A&E very well at Hornsby have now managed to visit there will all members of our family!

Have fun