Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hopefully that's the end of Utegate

Hopefully that's the end of Utegate

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

twizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hopefully that's the end of Utegate

omg, it ain't half childish though isn't it?

good grief, could they focus on more important things?
If some serious fraud or tampering has taken place, then get the evidence, bring it out, and toss the culprits out. Next!
But this stupid tit-for-tat smear campaign is just getting on my nerves now.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 1:15 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
It's a shame Turnbull, nasty bully Hockey, evil undead Abbott, and the rest can't just get on with their job and stop acting like ten year olds
I'm sorry but acting like 10yr olds is in the remit for being a polly. They're all as bad as each other.

All i can say is if your kids acted like they do, you'd be most upset.

At least its took Origin off the front pages, although it will be back on Thursday when the mighty Qld whoop the southerners butts.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 4:04 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Teflon Kev dodges another bullet. Shame no one pinged him about the Heiner affair.
You're not Piers Akerman under another name are you, Quoll? <g>

(Edit) I'm just watching Question Time on the box now. Just look at the two schoolgirls behind Kevin! He rotates them so that the TV picks up all the Labor MPs for their constituency to see what they do. The answer to that is...........

Last edited by Wol; Jun 23rd 2009 at 4:08 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 4:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

What a total cluster f**k.

I think Turnbull is finished but who to replace him? Maybe the return of Costello? I would be happy with that.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 4:49 am
ABCDiamond

Godwin Grech, the civil servant who runs the OzCar scheme on behalf of the Government, stated at a Senate hearing that there was a short email from someone in the PM’s office asking specifically about John Grant, Kevins Rudd's friendly car dealer.

Email content:
Hi Godwin, The PM has asked if the car dealer financing vehicle is available to assist a Queensland dealership, John Grant Motors, who seems to be having trouble getting finance. If you can follow up on this asap that would be very useful.
Kevin Rudd stated: “Neither I, nor my office, have ever made any representations on his behalf” and that "says that if Turnbull can’t produce the email, he should resign".

Turnbull has said that he does not have the email. Godwin Grech, a treasurer employee, had the email, which has now been found to have been a fake, although not by the opposition as Kevid Rudd claimed.

Wayne Swan told Parliament that Grant didn’t get any special treatment. Yet he discussed financing problems with John Grant directly and received updated progress of his application via emails being sent to his home fax.

Confused ?

Everyone is trying to sling mud at anyone.

Wayne Swan will be the interesting one in this...

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 5:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Godwin Grech, the civil servant who runs the OzCar scheme on behalf of the Government, stated at a Senate hearing that there was a short email from someone in the PM’s office asking specifically about John Grant, Kevins Rudd's friendly car dealer.

Email content:

Kevin Rudd stated: “Neither I, nor my office, have ever made any representations on his behalf” and that "says that if Turnbull can’t produce the email, he should resign".

Turnbull has said that he does not have the email. Godwin Grech, a treasurer employee, had the email, which has now been found to have been a fake, although not by the opposition as Kevid Rudd claimed.

Wayne Swan told Parliament that Grant didn’t get any special treatment. Yet he discussed financing problems with John Grant directly and received updated progress of his application via emails being sent to his home fax.

Confused ?

Everyone is trying to sling mud at anyone.

Wayne Swan will be the interesting one in this...
And after all of that, does anyone actually give a monkeys? Great publicity for the car salesman though, hope business has gone up for him