Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hopefully moving to Melbourne 2006.

Hopefully moving to Melbourne 2006.

Old Jul 19th 2005, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

moaningcow is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Hopefully moving to Melbourne 2006.

We are a family of six(2 adults,4 young children)and a dog that we definitely want to take with us,and we are hoping to move to Melbourne next year.Is there anyone who can give us tips on the jobs front,education,visas,and how long the immigration process takes from start to finish?
If we were to buy a small business(cafe or snack bar) would this speed up the process?We also want to rent property at first rather than buy.How's this viewed by "the powers that be"?Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all
Default Re: Hopefully moving to Melbourne 2006.

Originally Posted by moaningcow
We are a family of six(2 adults,4 young children)and a dog that we definitely want to take with us,and we are hoping to move to Melbourne next year.Is there anyone who can give us tips on the jobs front,education,visas,and how long the immigration process takes from start to finish?
If we were to buy a small business(cafe or snack bar) would this speed up the process?We also want to rent property at first rather than buy.How's this viewed by "the powers that be"?Any help would be appreciated.

I thought the mother in law had logged on at first when i saw your name

Welcome to the site ask your questions individually and most people on here are really helpful.Or even do a title search from the search tab near the top of the page.

good luck dave
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:10 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moaningcow
Just thought i'd say hello!
We're going to Melbourne early next year too!

Sally + hubby + 3 kids
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

moaningcow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chippy dave
I thought the mother in law had logged on at first when i saw your name

Welcome to the site ask your questions individually and most people on here are really helpful.Or even do a title search from the search tab near the top of the page.

good luck dave
Thanks for the advice.