Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hopefully the last drama before we go???

Hopefully the last drama before we go???

Old Dec 26th 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

sidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nice
Default Re: Hopefully the last drama before we go???

James - good luck with the move. It will probably be tough on NYE but what a way to go!

PP - Just had a look at <snipped by a SuperModerator>

We can only hope!!!!

Last edited by Rete; Dec 26th 2008 at 6:37 pm. Reason: Polly has reprimanded you and I'm deleted your offensive post.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sidneee and kinnyboy
James - good luck with the move. It will probably be tough on NYE but what a way to go!

PP - Just had a look <Snipped>
We can only hope!!!!
I can honestly say I have never lowered my self to name-calling. When did I ever call you names? What's wrong with fishing? If you want to start name calling go for it. But you'll be on your own, saying that you probably are most of the time. Please feel free to read all of my profile I haven't got the time to bother.

Last edited by Rete; Dec 26th 2008 at 8:01 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cut out the abuse and name calling, its not necessary. Equally unnecessary is the idea of poking fun at someone because they are posting about their pets.

Get the thread back on track please and if you can't post in the spirit of it, please go somewhere else.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: Hopefully the last drama before we go???

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Cut out the abuse and name calling, its not necessary. Equally unnecessary is the idea of poking fun at someone because they are posting about their pets.

Get the thread back on track please and if you can't post in the spirit of it, please go somewhere else.
Thankyou I agree! Happy new year!
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

sidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nice

Pollyanna - i apologise for namecalling. I in no way meant to cause offence to builders wife.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY ALL THE SOON TO BE TRAVELLING FAMILIES (AND THEIR PETS)
Old Dec 26th 2008, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Pollyanna - i apologise for namecalling. I in no way meant to cause offence to builders wife.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY ALL THE SOON TO BE TRAVELLING FAMILIES (AND THEIR PETS)
Thankyou apology accepted.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

From your apology it would appear that you did mean to degrade Builder. Think you owe him an apology as well.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Heljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bu1lder
" I believe that animals understand what we say" " I am in awe of my cat" is it me? I just asked my dog to put the kettle on, she just sat there. And no I'm not taking her with me., I have three small daughters whom I am in awe of and funnily enough the seem to understand what I say to them.. X
I suspect she'll be glad of that.....
Old Dec 26th 2008, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bu1lder
" I believe that animals understand what we say" " I am in awe of my cat" is it me? I just asked my dog to put the kettle on, she just sat there. And no I'm not taking her with me., I have three small daughters whom I am in awe of and funnily enough the seem to understand what I say to them.. X
Yes, enjoy that while you can, they'll be teenage know-it-alls before you can blink!
Old Dec 27th 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by James_SC
Hi all,

After a week us of worrying the dog has passed his second lepto test and can now fly out as planned on Jan 4th. I know its just a dog, but it feels great knowing we can all travel as planned - Yipee

Anyone else on the Sydney flight - Quantas 3rd Jan 21.45 from Heathrow??

Shippers come on Monday, let the chaos commence!!!!!!

Merry xmas and happy new year to you all.

James
Great news indeed, what a relief before Christmas - taking our dogs is the most stressful part of the whole process and them flying worries me to death but it'll be worth it in the end and leaving them isn't and would never be an option.

Good luck on the 3rd
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

My dog 9 3/4 yr old chocolate lab, Baggy, came out with me last year. Could never have left him. My friends equally joked that if it were a question of husband or dog, then husband would've come off worse! Not 100% true but Baggy just had to come. He turned 11 just before Christmas! He has settled in beautifully and loves it - I swear he has a new skip in his step. My little corner of Queensland even had a Dog Christmas Party at our local park! A first for me I can tell you but great fun. More of an excuse for a beer with the other owners - they've been doing it here for 8 years!

I wish you and your family a safe journey (think you said your dog was leaving tomorrow) and lots of good wishes and luck settling in to your new home.

Happy 2009!

Karen
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by James_SC
Hi all,

After a week us of worrying the dog has passed his second lepto test and can now fly out as planned on Jan 4th. I know its just a dog, but it feels great knowing we can all travel as planned - Yipee

Anyone else on the Sydney flight - Quantas 3rd Jan 21.45 from Heathrow??

Shippers come on Monday, let the chaos commence!!!!!!

Merry xmas and happy new year to you all.

James

Hi, my 4 dogs tests have all come back today and my 13 year old girl has failed her Lepto test, we are to go back in 5 days to be tested again. The dogs are due to go to the shippers a week Thursday and due to fly on the Sunday after that.

Anyone else had a Lepto fail, we have been planning this for so long and I've not had them jabbed against Lepto for two years. The others are all clear but they reckon as she is 13 she has a build up, but fail to see how waiting 5 days and testing again will help
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

Hi Wendy,

Oh, I am sorry. It is such a worry, isn't it? And made especially worse I found with my dog, Baggy, as this is new to all of us when we take the plunge - after all not many people emigrate from place to place with their dog and become old hands at it! I have heard of many many cases through my work and this forum though when dogs fail the first time around and do get through it. Here are some other threads on the same topic which may help you:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...52#post4046752

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410649

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...52#post4311652

I really do wish you well with it. Fingers and toes are crossed.

Karen
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KarenBK
Hi Wendy,

Oh, I am sorry. It is such a worry, isn't it? And made especially worse I found with my dog, Baggy, as this is new to all of us when we take the plunge - after all not many people emigrate from place to place with their dog and become old hands at it! I have heard of many many cases through my work and this forum though when dogs fail the first time around and do get through it. Here are some other threads on the same topic which may help you:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...52#post4046752

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410649

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...52#post4311652

I really do wish you well with it. Fingers and toes are crossed.

Karen
Many thanks Karen, reading everything at moment - Tammy goes for retesting on Friday x