British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Hope you all had a very merry Christmas! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/hope-you-all-had-very-merry-christmas-501716/)

Vegemite Dec 26th 2007 10:45 am

Hope you all had a very merry Christmas!

I hope your Christmas was an enjoyable occasion, with lots of good food, company, pets, and friends, and if not, then I hope you went out and bought yourself a present and raised your glass to the dear friends and family that you might have been missing on that day. I certainly raised my glass to mine (and had a few laughs with my cousins too).

It rained here (Mackay) on Christmas day. The drains filled up with water and there was a small amount of flash flooding. I suggested getting into a little tinnie (translation: small Australian boat with an outboard engine), and cruising up the drain dragging a surfboard behind us for a little bit of fun (with a person on the surboard, lol).

I had some YUMMY white Chistmas, fudge, and alcoholic drink, although my prawns were on the verge...a bit disapointing.

Anyway...hope yours was quite merry!!

Here's to a brilliant 2009!!!

Vegemite!

Bix Dec 26th 2007 10:55 am

Re: Hope you all had a very merry Christmas!

Cheers Veggie :beer:and a happy Christmas to you.

BTW what happened to 2008 ? :p

Vegemite Dec 26th 2007 11:30 am

Bix! MErry CHristmas to you!

Awhh welll, I'm a super organised and conceited person, already wishing myself and others a good year in 2009, doh!

Thanks for correcting that.....yes...Hope 2008 is a brilliant year for all!

Hope all's well in the land of rainforest and palm trees up there!

Bix Dec 26th 2007 11:44 am

It is thanks V.
And tonight it's started to hiss down to the accompaniment of thunder and lightening.
Just boooootifal :thumbup:

Vegemite Dec 26th 2007 11:48 am

Bix,

Hm, looks like we are all in for a bit of a decent wet season for a change! Goodo!

Lovely to see you around.

Veg.

Bix Dec 26th 2007 11:56 am

Yep, and I like the wet season too.

And you too :thumbup:

mand8002 Dec 27th 2007 3:06 am

Originally Posted by Vegemite (Post 5705417)
I hope your Christmas was an enjoyable occasion, with lots of good food, company, pets, and friends, and if not, then I hope you went out and bought yourself a present and raised your glass to the dear friends and family that you might have been missing on that day. I certainly raised my glass to mine (and had a few laughs with my cousins too).

It rained here (Mackay) on Christmas day. The drains filled up with water and there was a small amount of flash flooding. I suggested getting into a little tinnie (translation: small Australian boat with an outboard engine), and cruising up the drain dragging a surfboard behind us for a little bit of fun (with a person on the surboard, lol).

I had some YUMMY white Chistmas, fudge, and alcoholic drink, although my prawns were on the verge...a bit disapointing.

Anyway...hope yours was quite merry!!

Here's to a brilliant 2009!!!

Vegemite!

Glad you enjoyed your Christmas, ours was fab too. We had friends round and when it came to the pinata we had nowhere to hang it so we decided to throw it up in the air and whack it with the pool cue, definitely a good way to go, the kids loved it.