Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hope this not one of YOU

Hope this not one of YOU

Old Sep 8th 2002, 11:39 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hope this not one of YOU

In Western Australian

The 29 year old lady from Yorkshire , flew down to Perth to buy a block in Brighton Estate ,goes on to say made decision to move to WA after many months of research on the internet.
Then says Perths weather , cost of living and lifestyle appeal to us.

Another one who's been conned big style , the land on this estate is very cheap because its goverment owned and 1 in 7 homes will be public housing.So private homes will sit side by side with Homes West Homes (council).
If she any idea what this area will become like she should have looked at the 2 suburbs next to what she is buying , Meriwa and Clarkson same mix .
These both have big social problems because of this and both areas look run down, resale values are very low and schools are some of worst in Perth .Add to this its 40kmm away from city , the only good thing is train is coming up there next year but a lot of problem familys have been placed in this area in order to make others better.
This is the kind of dreamer Australia hopes for no idea and no sense, good luck to her and family.
Old Sep 8th 2002, 7:44 pm
Capt Pugwash

Default Re: Hope this not one of YOU

Well she still got her weather, cost of living and lifestyle didn't she? There's
loads of similar housing schemes to those you describe throughout Britain, so its a
mute point in some respects. Although highlighting it is useful as it's something to
consider when buying a house in Australia.

--

Pugwash

"pommie bastard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > In Western Australian
    > The 29 year old lady from Yorkshire , flew down to Perth to buy a block in Brighton
    > Estate ,goes on to say made decision to move to WA after many months of research on
    > the internet. Then says Perths weather , cost of living and lifestyle appeal to us.
    > Another one who's been conned big style , the land on this estate is very cheap
    > because its goverment owned and 1 in 7 homes will be public housing.So private
    > homes will sit side by side with Homes West Homes (council). If she any idea what
    > this area will become like she should have looked at the 2 suburbs next to what she
    > is buying , Meriwa and Clarkson same
    > mix .These both have big social problems because of this and both areas look run
    > down, resale values are very low and schools are some of worst in Perth .Add
    > to this its 40kmm away from city , the only good thing is train is coming up
    > there next year but a lot of problem familys have been placed in this area in
    > order to make others better. This is the kind of dreamer Australia hopes for
    > no idea and no sense, good luck to her and family.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 8th 2002, 10:22 pm
Robert Edwards

One in 7 isn't too bad at all......better than some of the estates I have seen dare I
mention in a faraway land.....the reality is why buy where we can afford taking into
account the needs of our families, the lifestyle on offer etc....

> In Western Australian

Old Sep 9th 2002, 12:14 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Robert Edwards:
One in 7 isn't too bad at all......better than some of the estates I have seen dare I
mention in a faraway land.....the reality is why buy where we can afford taking into
account the needs of our families, the lifestyle on offer etc....

> In Western Australian
You have little idea at all, why buy private house which will cost you a life times work to live next to a problem family who will drag the area and your house value down.
If lifesyle amounts to breakins , grafffiti and vandalism why buy in , when you can rent it cheaper.
The suburbs mentioned are very down at heel mainly because of this mix and match of housing the two lifestyles are very different.
Is there anything that you you would not defend about Aussie , keep taking the happy pills and dream on.

Old Sep 9th 2002, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

EVER BEEN TO MOSS SIDE PB?

Originally posted by pommie bastard:

You have little idea at all, why buy private house which will cost you a life times work to live next to a problem family who will drag the area and your house value down.
If lifesyle amounts to breakins , grafffiti and vandalism why buy in , when you can rent it cheaper.
The suburbs mentioned are very down at heel mainly because of this mix and match of housing the two lifestyles are very different.
Is there anything that you you would not defend about Aussie , keep taking the happy pills and dream on.

Old Sep 9th 2002, 12:54 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

PB - I honestly don't think it matters, if the house next to yours is private or council owned... sorry mate , I tend to agree on quite a lot of your points... but this one no.I've lived in private all my life, and have always had private owners as next door neighbours, and they can be b*ggers too!

"what do you think ozzie osbourne's neighbours think of him?, and that's a billion dollar estate"

cheers
Old Sep 9th 2002, 1:05 pm
Banned

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
EVER BEEN TO MOSS SIDE PB?
Yes went to Man Citys ground main road, did not live there or would do , if I did at lest I would know what I was buying into.
Unlike some very sad POMS coming to Aussie who have their eyes shut but will get them opened quick.
By the way we had house build near this area, called Quinns Beach Estate some of blocks were $300,000 on our estate in order to keep out trouble makers it required 24hour security. still had breakins, cars been took plus graffiti etc.
Must have been all them POMS from Moss Side?

Old Sep 9th 2002, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

PB- my uncle has lived in Perth (he is a headmaster) for 30 years. He recently spent 5 months in the UK- living and working. He couldnt wait to get back. My sister arrived Friday in Perth. I have just spent 1/2 hr on the phone to her. She says it's wonderful and they have already bought a house for cash in Duncraig. It has 4 beds, 2 baths and a pool for less than £100k. That is why we are going. I have a 3 year old child who plays on the road here- i would love a garden. And yes- i have lived there and schooled there so i know what i am going out to.
Please- i am begging you now- go away and leave us alone. Just think- someone could read your postings and be so put off that they miss the opportunity that could give them happiness. Ok- so it's not right for you, but please think, when you are cutting and pasting off your various web sites, that some of us will find happiness and a better qulity of life (see Albeus posting on her upbringing). Dont ruin this for people please.
Maybe in UK you had a great life and out there have found it tougher than expected. Of course you will be bitter and dispointed, however i do believe that your postings are not helpful- they are negligible and nasty at times.
I hope this makes some sense. I am trying to appeal to your better nature.
Thanks in advance

Nicky

Yes went to Man Citys ground main road, did not live there or would do , if I did at lest I would know what I was buying into.
Unlike some very sad POMS coming to Aussie who have their eyes shut but will get them opened quick.
By the way we had house build near this area, called Quinns Beach Estate some of blocks were $300,000 on our estate in order to keep out trouble makers it required 24hour security. still had breakins, cars been took plus graffiti etc.
Must have been all them POMS from Moss Side?

Old Sep 9th 2002, 1:54 pm
Banned

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
PB- my uncle has lived in Perth (he is a headmaster) for 30 years. He recently spent 5 months in the UK- living and working. He couldnt wait to get back. My sister arrived Friday in Perth. I have just spent 1/2 hr on the phone to her. She says it's wonderful and they have already bought a house for cash in . It has 4 beds, 2 baths and a pool for less than £100k. That is why we are going. I have a 3 year old child who plays on the road here- i would love a garden. And yes- i have lived there and schooled there so i know what i am going out to.
Please- i am begging you now- go away and leave us alone. Just think- someone could read your postings and be so put off that they miss the opportunity that could give them happiness. Ok- so it's not right for you, but please think, when you are cutting and pasting off your various web sites, that some of us will find happiness and a better qulity of life (see Albeus posting on her upbringing). Dont ruin this for people please.
Maybe in UK you had a great life and out there have found it tougher than expected. Of course you will be bitter and dispointed, however i do believe that your postings are not helpful- they are negligible and nasty at times.
I hope this makes some sense. I am trying to appeal to your better nature.
Thanks in advance

Nicky

Not found it tough at all , if you don't want truth dont read my postings .Neather am I bitter , this a place for people who are happy with being trapped in their own backyards and have little need for travel and can except poor wages and working conditions .
Its not for me then again it will suit some who had nothing in UK , we are bored with it and see its limitations.
Old Sep 9th 2002, 2:09 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Ceri:

PB - I honestly don't think it matters, if the house next to yours is private or council owned... sorry mate , I tend to agree on quite a lot of your points... but this one no.I've lived in private all my life, and have always had private owners as next door neighbours, and they can be b*ggers too!

"what do you think ozzie osbourne's neighbours think of him?, and that's a billion dollar estate"

cheers
Well put girl , but have seen some of the tenants here and would hate to have spent loads of cash on a house just to have it devalued by some of the dead legs that use public housing.
God hes does a bit of breaking and entering as well , well I know hes got a drug habbit but thought hes got a few bob?
Looking at his house if thats Americas public housing where do I get a green card?
Keep up the posts girl nice to read some sense , always liked the Welsh and Wales we married down there .

Old Sep 9th 2002, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: Hope this not one of YOU

Dearest PB

I see that speaking to you on a level has had no effect. The analogy i used was that of a car crash- you are going along the road and you see one- you dont want to look but something in your pysche says- 'go on, have a squiz' and so you do. Not that i should further empower you, by comparing your postings in the same arena as a car accident and loss of life!
I will try and ignore you from now on.
Thank you for not dispointing us by acting in a behaviour (ie. mature and human) that would have taken us all by surprise.

Lots of love and kisses and cheery smiles

Nicky
Your greatest fan.

Not found it tough at all , if you don't want truth dont read my postings .Neather am I bitter , this a place for people who are happy with being trapped in their own backyards and have little need for travel and can except poor wages and working conditions .
Its not for me then again it will suit some who had nothing in UK , we are bored with it and see its limitations.
Old Sep 9th 2002, 6:07 pm
Robert Edwards

If you aren't happy...............there's the door

> Is there anything that you you would not defend about Aussie , keep taking the
    > happy pills and dream on.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 9th 2002, 8:05 pm
FOX
Forum Regular

FOX is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Hope this not one of YOU

PB,

I have just tried to read your postings on this thread, most of which are littered with poor spelling and make absolutly no grammatical sense.

Before you say it is because you are being brought down by the heathens in WA, perhaps you could do us dreamers the decency of not being so smug and condescending and concentrate on what you are typing rather than how much you can p us all off!!!!!!

Apologies everybody else but I have not looked at the site for over a week because it is getting less and less constructive with people like PB, posting exactly the same points in different guises over and over again.

I do agree that there should be balanced discussion here but it is getting mindless!!

I will now do as several people suggested over a week ago and ignore it in future, thank you for letting me get this off my chest!!

Sarah

still waiting!
Old Sep 9th 2002, 9:25 pm
akq
Forum Regular

akq is an unknown quantity at this point

People, this is just my personal feeling, but here it is anyway-DO NOT RESPOND ANY FURTHER TO ANYTHING PB POSTS.
It only adds fuel to his fire and gives him smug satisfaction.
He is unhappy with himself and his choices in life, he feels a failure, so what he does is reflect his lack of self-worth onto anyone who will allow him to. By responding to him here we are, all of us, allowing him to transfer his negativity onto us. So let's all of us make the decision RIGHT NOW not to ever respond to another stupid, mistyped, misspelled unintelligible bit of drivel that PB spouts out. No doubt Dotty and Ceri will continue to pat him on the back and say "hear hear, well spoken old chap" but the rest of us do not have to, and more importantly, do not DESERVE to have to put up with this bullshit day after day. If the moderator chooses not to remove PB's profile from this forum, then we will all simply have to do the next best thing, collectively. Get rid of him ourselves. Now, who's with me on this one?
PS- By the way PB, you ignorant twat, "Ceri" is a bloke, not a girl, it's a popular name for boys in Wales. You are truly one of the thickest whinge-arses I've ever had the displeasure of encountering on the internet. Go and spend your spare time learning your native language instead of trying to take out your frustrations with your own inadequacies on us.

Hands up please as to who will not respond to PB from this moment on.
Yours in intelligence,
Tegan
Old Sep 9th 2002, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

Originally posted by akq:
People, this is just my personal feeling, but here it is anyway-DO NOT RESPOND ANY FURTHER TO ANYTHING PB POSTS.
It only adds fuel to his fire and gives him smug satisfaction.
He is unhappy with himself and his choices in life, he feels a failure, so what he does is reflect his lack of self-worth onto anyone who will allow him to. By responding to him here we are, all of us, allowing him to transfer his negativity onto us. So let's all of us make the decision RIGHT NOW not to ever respond to another stupid, mistyped, misspelled unintelligible bit of drivel that PB spouts out. No doubt Dotty and Ceri will continue to pat him on the back and say "hear hear, well spoken old chap" but the rest of us do not have to, and more importantly, do not DESERVE to have to put up with this bullshit day after day. If the moderator chooses not to remove PB's profile from this forum, then we will all simply have to do the next best thing, collectively. Get rid of him ourselves. Now, who's with me on this one?
PS- By the way PB, you ignorant twat, "Ceri" is a bloke, not a girl, it's a popular name for boys in Wales. You are truly one of the thickest whinge-arses I've ever had the displeasure of encountering on the internet. Go and spend your spare time learning your native language instead of trying to take out your frustrations with your own inadequacies on us.

Hands up please as to who will not respond to PB from this moment on.
Yours in intelligence,
Tegan

Hi Akq, I`m whole heartedly with you on this one, couldn`t have said it better myself, POMMIE BASTARD cetainly lives up to his name.

Ignore him and hopefully he will go away and have a life!!!

Marlo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.