Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hope everyone in Brisbane is OK

Hope everyone in Brisbane is OK

Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hope everyone in Brisbane is OK

Originally Posted by A dogs life

Moral of the story, if you are going to live on a slope... live at the TOP of the slope.
Yep, I hate the hill to walk up, but my goodness I'm glad I'm at the top of it in the rain!
We were very lucky (Aspley, northern suburbs) power cut for about a minute, thats all - bit different from the horrors of last year in Clayfield, fingers crossed it continues like this. Fair amount of rain, about 37mm in half an hour, even The Bloke said thats not bad. Fantastic view too, we sat on the verandah and watched the storm over the city and the Bayside, then watched the other ones at sunset over the sea. Stunning purple sunset tonight, as the setting sun reflected off the storm clouds
Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:31 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Oh pooooop!!!!! i can feel a change of plan coming on!!!!!
I think I'm in agreement!!!!

Hope all's safe.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Sons apprentice electrician in bris, he got called back to work in it :scared: One way to learn I suppose
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:07 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Fair amount of rain, about 37mm in half an hour, even The Bloke said thats not bad.
37mm seemed to be about average - most places got 25-40mm according to the weather bureau. Wish it was out at the dams though! The site that I have says Cleveland got about 50mm (cos the BoM doesnt seem to have a weather station out there).

We got over 80!!! :scared:
Old Nov 27th 2005, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

wow..these storms sound pretty intense.Hope everyone in Brisbane are alright. I think I'm gonna be cacking my pants when I experience these aussie storms. :scared:
Old Nov 27th 2005, 11:34 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Luckily there weren't too many hailstones but what there were, were like golf balls...had just got car in garage as had been out.

Really good lightening as long as it didn't hit you to watch, best since we got here.

Then the usual torrential rain for hours and then they will say and the dams still aren't full....can't they figure the dams are in the wrong place.
Attached Thumbnails Hope everyone in Brisbane is OK-hailstones.jpg  
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:11 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Luckily there weren't too many hailstones but what there were, were like golf balls...had just got car in garage as had been out.

Really good lightening as long as it didn't hit you to watch, best since we got here.

Then the usual torrential rain for hours and then they will say and the dams still aren't full....can't they figure the dams are in the wrong place.
Yeah - obviously we should dam Deception Bay .
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Yeah - obviously we should dam Deception Bay .
I thought it was already damned??!!

WW
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:22 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Moral of the story, if you are going to live on a slope... live at the TOP of the slope.

*mental note* live at top of hill.......

hope brissie has survived the storms......we had a tiny taste of the noise whilst watching 'im a celebrity' last night as 2 of em were doing a bushtucker trial and the thunder could be heard rattling around in the background!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:35 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
I thought it was already damned??!!

WW
Hell-fire, damnation & banjos?
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
37mm seemed to be about average - most places got 25-40mm according to the weather bureau. Wish it was out at the dams though! The site that I have says Cleveland got about 50mm (cos the BoM doesnt seem to have a weather station out there).

We got over 80!!! :scared:
Weather station is at QLD crop farm on Finucane Rd.

WW
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:46 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Weather station is at QLD crop farm on Finucane Rd.

WW
Ahhh where Qld Country Life is.

Well BoM dont put their rainfall figures from there on their website (not that I could see anyway), most places mentioned were in the Brisbane area, but couldnt find any figures for Redlands (not even under different areas).
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:52 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

And now for tonights installment... :scared:

Thunder & Lightening coming down from Manly. I love walking the dog in this surrounded by noise and lightening. Funnily enough the dog isn't so keen
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:01 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

And now for tonights installment... :scared:

Thunder & Lightening coming down from Manly. I love walking the dog in this surrounded by noise and lightening. Funnily enough the dog isn't so keen
Just got hit by a momentary loss in Wello Point. lightning is hitting badly. Just going round unplugging all the electrical stuff and getting the candles ready....whoohoo...another storm party tonight then!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:26 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
Just got hit by a momentary loss in Wello Point. lightning is hitting badly. Just going round unplugging all the electrical stuff and getting the candles ready....whoohoo...another storm party tonight then!

Candle powered computer then?

We've had a couple of mini power cuts, you know the ones just long enough to reset all the digital clocks in the house

This is the first storm of the year to pass directly over us, very noisy, but spectacular to watch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.