Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hope for all those with absent Ex's who require Stat Dec's

Hope for all those with absent Ex's who require Stat Dec's

Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:17 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice
Default Hope for all those with absent Ex's who require Stat Dec's

Hi

I just thought that I would post with some positive news and hopefully give some hope to all you parents out there who may have had a similar situation.

Basically in a nut shell, it goes like this me, daughter, once married, long time divorced (14 yrs) and never any relationship between between birth father and daughter. Ex ignores all correspondence to sigh any stat dec and requests for my OH to adopt daughter, this has gone on for 2 yrs.

We are going on a 457 visa so may be different for PR visa's but I did my own stat dec, explaining the situation and outlining our attempts to make contact. Solicitor wrote a letter supporting this.

Just heard today that immigration are happy with this, Hipppeeeee. So they have hearts and regognise that these situation do happen and its no fault of our own. So chin up for all those mum's, dad's and kids that maybe in the same situation.

Involve a solicitor, record all dates of correspondence and do it by the book so that immigration can see that you played fare and have tried all avenues. I think that is all they expect of you and it covers them if any Ex's come after them.

Good luck to you all
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all
Default Re: Hope for all those with absent Ex's who require Stat Dec's

YIPEE
I'm really pleased for you congratulations
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hope for all those with absent Ex's who require Stat Dec's

I am really pleased for you, I know from personal experience, as we are in this process at the moment, that it causes so much pain and anxiety.

I hope you have a wonderful new life in oz,

good luck to all in this situation

Sarah