Hoons?

Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:20 pm
WA country gal

freckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to all
Default Hoons?

Hi there,
i was wondering if anyone could give me a description of the word 'hoon'? It seems to come up in a lot of topics lately and i am not sure what to think of it. Standard National Geographic questions: what kind of environment do they like to live in? What kind of food and drink do they like? How can i recognize them? Maybe a few tips as to how to deal with their presence?

Thanks heaps!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:23 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoons?

Originally Posted by freckles
Hi there,
i was wondering if anyone could give me a description of the word 'hoon'? It seems to come up in a lot of topics lately and i am not sure what to think of it. Standard National Geographic questions: what kind of environment do they like to live in? What kind of food and drink do they like? How can i recognize them? Maybe a few tips as to how to deal with their presence?

Thanks heaps!

A hoon is a young delinquant in the mould of a chav
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:30 pm
WA country gal

freckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to all

Well thanx Fraser, but could you please put that in english?
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:32 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

A chav is a youg delinquant in the mould of a hoon
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:33 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

I'm English and I only learnt what chav meant about 2 weeks ago. Very loosely I think it means someone wearing 'flashy' designer clothing and lots of garish jewellery. Footballers wives etc. (Please correct me if I am wrong!)

Binbird

(Boy, do I feel old?! Can't keep up with the lingo here let alone the other side of the world!)

Last edited by binbird; Mar 8th 2005 at 6:35 pm. Reason: addition
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:41 pm
Merlot

Hi there,

Thanks heaps!
Yep like Chav's - the New Ruling British Class!!!!

In Oz, like in the UK, love junk food, booze, dope, ciggys, men trying to look like Eminem, the females looking like complete dogs - think cycling short on a "larger" lady, usually see through mucky yellow with black knickers underneath. Maybe a mid drift showing. Go around saying things like "you's" and "ya know".

Spot em a mile away! Tips to deal with them, walk in the opposite direction!

M

Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:50 pm
WA country gal

Wow, that sounds absolutely wicked! So 'hoon' is going to be the new 'cool' you think? (where did i put those little black leggings... )! But still, on a serious note, this is the new generation right? They will teach kids :scared: and speak in parliament one day hey? Some of them anyway.. Bit scary!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:51 pm
Merlot

Wow, that sounds absolutely wicked! So 'hoon' is going to be the new 'cool' you think? (where did i put those little black leggings... )! But still, on a serious note, this is the new generation right? They will teach kids :scared: and speak in parliament one day hey? Some of them anyway.. Bit scary!
Yes the "future", as for speaking in Parliament, in a few generations time we will be back to grunting!

Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

I always saw a Hoon as similar to a UK boy racer!. I always thought Chavs spent all their money on designer clothes, whereas Hoons spend all their spare cash on their 4 wheel pride and joy and then use the residential suburbs as a race track ???
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:13 pm
WA country gal

Okay, right, a whole new world is slowly opening up to me... Mmm, cant say i like it one bit! But is it safe to presume that these 'hoon' creatures are in the UK as well? Or could it be a world wide thing? Xept in Holland, where i havent seen/heard them yet, not in cars anyway. But then again, we have a tendency to be slow... very slow to catch up.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:29 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sharpy67
I always saw a Hoon as similar to a UK boy racer!. I always thought Chavs spent all their money on designer clothes, whereas Hoons spend all their spare cash on their 4 wheel pride and joy and then use the residential suburbs as a race track ???

I 100% agree with this statement

Kala
Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:05 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sharpy is correct, boy racer = hoon.

Scary thing is that they are often not boys :scared: .
Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Sharpy is correct, boy racer = hoon.

Scary thing is that they are often not boys :scared: .
...alternatively I thought hooning was a generic term for riding your motorbike in an enjoyable yet slightly fast manner :-)
Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:42 pm
Merlot

As does the native Chav in the UK, come see the local Tesco's car park at night with the boys and gals with their Saxo turned F1 car!!!

They tend to enjoy similar lifestyle choices as far as a total disregard for others property and peace. Tend to be a less interested in doing much of value to the community or educating/working. Oh and look tasteless and tacky, regardless of how much they spend on clothes.

Can't buy class!

M

Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:45 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
...alternatively I thought hooning was a generic term for riding your motorbike in an enjoyable yet slightly fast manner :-)

"Enjoyable yet slightly fast manner" on a deserted road where it doesnt annoy or endanger anyone is one thing, "hooning" where you rev your engine, screech your tyres, do donuts & leave clouds of black smoke, rip up peoples lawns & endanger peoples lives (both other drivers & the people who live in those streets) is something else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.