Honeymoon Help

Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Question Honeymoon Help

Advice needed plse. Story so far:

Mr Logan proposed in March, and since then we've managed to book church, reception venue and find my dress (yippee!). We're returning to Edinburgh next May to get married, so a couple of my friends have been invaluable checking out hotels etc for the reception and taking the pain out of organising our wedding from half way around the world!!

However.........we're struggling with the honeymoon destination. We want to fly from UK back to Oz via .....somewhere!! Having both worked for airlines for years, we've both been to a few different destinations, but our last holiday was to Barbados in January...dry season...and it rained every day - a lot and . The hotel was also awful, service non-existant etc, which was a real shame, cos Mr Logan had been to the sister hotel a couple of years previously and had enjoyed it.

Sooooooooo 1. we're very wary of weather (although I know there's no guarantee 2. I want beach, seclusion, not a big hotel job (which Mr Logan keeps saying to have that privacy you have to pay, which I do know) leading me to 3. We don't want to spend the earth, which is why we're not going to any of the P&O islands off Oz, they're extortionate.

We've looked at the website 'tripadvisor', just when you think, oh maybe we could afford to go there, it looks nice....someone says 'had a s*** time for the following reasons'.

Where did you all go on your honeymoons?? Where would you not go?? and if it's not too rude, how much was it??

PS. I'm having my reception in West Lothian, and the wedding co-ordinator said she had another couple living in Oz, who were having their reception there. Their parents were doing the organising for them...anyone on here?? Just being nosy!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 12:02 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Honeymoon Help

We went to the Dominican Republic, great place.

Only problem was we were on the north of the island and neither of us brave enough to swim in the sea. If you go definitely go to the south, it's on the caribbean sea and is lovely and clear and warm. Fantastic!

Hoping we might be able to squeeze a last minute bargain break to there once we get (thinking positive!) our visas.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by bridiej

Only problem was we were on the north of the island and neither of us brave enough to swim in the sea. If you go definitely go to the south, it's on the caribbean sea and is lovely and clear and warm. Fantastic!

Hoping we might be able to squeeze a last minute bargain break to there once we get (thinking positive!) our visas.
Thanks bridiej, I know that's quite a popular place, and we haven't really looked into it. Hope you're feeling a little better after recent horrible events x
Old Jun 8th 2005, 12:05 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

what about Mauritius.... Air mauritius will do the flights and have many an offer on at the moment. or look at www.travel.com.au for ideas...
Old Jun 8th 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjonboy
what about Mauritius.... Air mauritius will do the flights and have many an offer on at the moment. or look at www.travel.com.au for ideas...
cheers for that, will do!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 12:09 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by logan
Thanks bridiej, I know that's quite a popular place, and we haven't really looked into it. Hope you're feeling a little better after recent horrible events x
Yes, not too bad thanks.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 4:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, not too bad thanks.
We went to Jersey. Very nice but hardly "en route". Have a great time wherever you end up.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

We went T'Egypt last October. Sinai Peninnsular - Taba Heights

Was nice, VERY quiet, lovely weather (except a big storm one evening - quite magnificent to watch). Not much to do locally to the hotel, but then we only wanted a quiet, relaxing, no excursions sort of relax. Which is what we got!!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:59 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Me and Marc stayed at 'Les Pavillons' in Mauritius - it is a small exclusive hotel that featured on the holiday programme (after we had booked it) - it has the 5* facilities but more reasonably priced - we were in heaven and the service was amazing - every time we passed the customer service staff they said Good morning Mr & Mrs.......'

The beach was stunning and you got beach service - so drinks brought to you. You can choose All inclusive or half board - would definitely recommend going AI as hotels in Mauritius remote and you are all eating and drinking the same food anyway - much nicer to be able to drink/ eat freely without worrying about cost!

Day trip wise - cheapest way and best way is to book a taxi through the hotel - the taxi's are A/C and ask for an English speaking guide. You set a price for the whole day - tell the driver where you want to go and off he go's giving you information as you go -it was absolutely brilliant doing it this way - we went on a submarine to the bottom of the ocean to see the coral reef/ shipwreck (artificial reef).

If you want any more info PM me - we can't wait to go back and will probably have a 2nd honeymoon there.

Lynn
here's the link and yes it really is as beautiful when you get there!
http://www.naiade.com/Site-1024/Coll...llon/home.html
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Mr Logan proposed in March, and since then we've managed to book church, reception venue and find my dress (yippee!). We're returning to Edinburgh next May to get married, so a couple of my friends have been invaluable checking out hotels etc for the reception and taking the pain out of organising our wedding from half way around the world!!

However.........we're struggling with the honeymoon destination. We want to fly from UK back to Oz via .....somewhere!! Having both worked for airlines for years, we've both been to a few different destinations, but our last holiday was to Barbados in January...dry season...and it rained every day - a lot and . The hotel was also awful, service non-existant etc, which was a real shame, cos Mr Logan had been to the sister hotel a couple of years previously and had enjoyed it.

Sooooooooo 1. we're very wary of weather (although I know there's no guarantee 2. I want beach, seclusion, not a big hotel job (which Mr Logan keeps saying to have that privacy you have to pay, which I do know) leading me to 3. We don't want to spend the earth, which is why we're not going to any of the P&O islands off Oz, they're extortionate.

We've looked at the website 'tripadvisor', just when you think, oh maybe we could afford to go there, it looks nice....someone says 'had a s*** time for the following reasons'.

Where did you all go on your honeymoons?? Where would you not go?? and if it's not too rude, how much was it??

PS. I'm having my reception in West Lothian, and the wedding co-ordinator said she had another couple living in Oz, who were having their reception there. Their parents were doing the organising for them...anyone on here?? Just being nosy!
South Africa is a great (and reasonable place) to go. I know one hears of all the violence but if you are sensible and book through a reputable agent - you will be fine. I personally visit family there every 18 months and lived there for 22 years and have been ok. SA (not to be confused with South Australia) has an enormous amount to offer. I would certainly visit Cape Town, taking in a tour of the Garden Route (basically from Cape Town to Knysna) and also a safari, either with the Kruger National Park or with one of the smaller operators. It is awesome and you are pretty much guaranteed fantastic weather.

Good luck with it all and if you want some more info, please feel free to pm me, I would be glad to help.

Sarah
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:14 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Air New Zealand stop in The cook Islands I spent 2 weeks there about 7 years ago now but it was lovely. I think they may also stop in Fuji.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
We went to Jersey. Very nice but hardly "en route". Have a great time wherever you end up.
Hi moneypen, I was actually born in Jersey, but haven't been since I was 2 1/2 so would love to go back. Cheers x
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by darkless
We went T'Egypt last October. Sinai Peninnsular - Taba Heights

Was nice, VERY quiet, lovely weather (except a big storm one evening - quite magnificent to watch). Not much to do locally to the hotel, but then we only wanted a quiet, relaxing, no excursions sort of relax. Which is what we got!!
Hiya darkless,
Hmm hadn't thought about Egypt, my girlfriend went there for hers, may ask her about it, cheers x
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi

Me and Marc stayed at 'Les Pavillons' in Mauritius - it is a small exclusive hotel that featured on the holiday programme (after we had booked it) - it has the 5* facilities but more reasonably priced - we were in heaven and the service was amazing - every time we passed the customer service staff they said Good morning Mr & Mrs.......'

The beach was stunning and you got beach service - so drinks brought to you. You can choose All inclusive or half board - would definitely recommend going AI as hotels in Mauritius remote and you are all eating and drinking the same food anyway - much nicer to be able to drink/ eat freely without worrying about cost!

Day trip wise - cheapest way and best way is to book a taxi through the hotel - the taxi's are A/C and ask for an English speaking guide. You set a price for the whole day - tell the driver where you want to go and off he go's giving you information as you go -it was absolutely brilliant doing it this way - we went on a submarine to the bottom of the ocean to see the coral reef/ shipwreck (artificial reef).

If you want any more info PM me - we can't wait to go back and will probably have a 2nd honeymoon there.

Lynn
here's the link and yes it really is as beautiful when you get there!
http://www.naiade.com/Site-1024/Coll...llon/home.html
Thanks Lynn, checked out the website, and it does look lovely, but there seems to be no availability for our dates They don't put prices on either...which is a worry!!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:53 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

With trip advisor I always ignore the crappy review when it is the one amongst rave reviews.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.