Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Honest opinions please

Honest opinions please

Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:28 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest opinions please

Excellent Bosch washer and dryer, tons of programme options right down to a 15 minute refresh wash (which I find great for the odd coloured item I would normally hand-wash, as it's not like I spend my days on a building site getting filthy). My friend was whinging just yesterday that the shortest programme her LG washer does takes 90 minutes

F&P fridge freezer seems fine, too.

Have had all of ours just 11 months now so possibly too early to comment on longevity though.

Electrolux and Westinghouse are one and the same, IIRC.

Breville or Sunbeam good local brands for small appliances - ours are Breville, including the juicer.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cant rain all the time2
Bosch make good washers and dishwashers if they're German made. Avoid all of the makes that you have mentioned.

Might be helpful to know what appliance you are after.

Washer, dryer, dishwasher, fridge? As one manufacturer does not make all of the best appliances
Thanks for the replies, I'm more interested in cook tops and ovens right now, we had Dedetrict in back in pomgolia and they are fantastic but I can't seem to find them here although they have an Aus website.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Styler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Whingin Pom
Thanks for the replies, I'm more interested in cook tops and ovens right now, we had Dedetrict in back in pomgolia and they are fantastic but I can't seem to find them here although they have an Aus website.
I bought a brand new Westinghouse gas cook top and gas oven just over a year ago, it wasn't the most expensive, but not the cheapest either (almost $1500 for both with a pretty good haggling discount).

I've not been that impressed with them to be honest, the stainless steel cook top is stained where I used some orange cleaner to get rid of some water that was spilt and burnt on and the silver coating on the oven knobs is coming off.

Funnily enough, I thought stainless steel didn't get stained but that must be just me

Also the fan inside the oven only comes on half the time, and the gas doesn't ignite unless it does. So we always have to check that it's working when we want to use it. Nothing worse than not realising and then having to wait another half hour for it to warm up.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had problems with my F and P stuff, washing machine, old fridge, dishwaher.

Just bought an LG fridge Freezer - OOPS!!

Rudi
Old Apr 20th 2009, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Whingin Pom

Bosch ovens are quality items but they're not cheap!

Westinghouse ovens are o.k, a bit overpriced like every kitchen appliance in Australia. Fan oven elements go on them fairly regular (and most makes in fairness) apart from that they're not too bad.

Whirlpool ovens were pretty good when I worked on them in the U.K, can't say that I have seen them here though.