British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Honest opinions please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/honest-opinions-please-604384/)

Whingin Pom Apr 20th 2009 3:35 am

Honest opinions please

Well its been a long time since I came on here but now I want some help.

Now I was pretty clued up on white goods back in pomgolia, you know what brand was good at one thing and pants at others, but here I'm a little bit lost.

So what I need to know is what others thought of names like Blanco, Beaumatic, Andi, Delonghi or maybe others.

Lets leave Bosch out of it please, they only make good power tools.

Thanks.

Broad Shoulders Apr 20th 2009 4:22 am

Re: Honest opinions please

Originally Posted by Whingin Pom (Post 7494678)

Now I was pretty clued up on white goods back in pomgolia, you know what brand was good at one thing and pants at others, but here I'm a little bit lost.

So what I need to know is what others thought of names like Blanco, Beaumatic, Andi, Delonghi or maybe others.

Thanks.

Kleenmaid are excellent;)

Whingin Pom Apr 20th 2009 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders (Post 7494725)
Kleenmaid are excellent;)

Didn't they just go out of busyness

Sammy T Apr 20th 2009 7:31 am

I'd avoid LG like the plague, we bought lots of new stuff when we arrived, vacuum cleaner, microwave, TV, dvd player and sadly they were all LG and all have had a problem of some kind. The customer service sucks and I wouldn't touch them again with a very long pole.

Oh, yes, a mobile phone too and yes, that has also hit the dust :frown:

Sam

eeksy Apr 20th 2009 8:39 am

I have a few delonghi products here in the UK. Never had a problem with them but I am talking about kettle, toaster and oil heater.

calNgary Apr 20th 2009 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Whingin Pom (Post 7494822)
Didn't they just go out of busyness

I think you may be right iam sure i read something about Kleenmaid going under, on the subject of white goods Westinghouse seem to be the qld favorite

busterboy Apr 20th 2009 9:00 am

Thanks.

Nothing wrong with the Bosch equipment in our house and like all of our Electrolux too. Electrolux have a great service department if anything does go wrong.

Cant rain all the time2 Apr 20th 2009 9:03 am

Bosch make good washers and dishwashers if they're German made. Avoid all of the makes that you have mentioned.

Might be helpful to know what appliance you are after.

Washer, dryer, dishwasher, fridge? As one manufacturer does not make all of the best appliances

Sally Simpson Apr 20th 2009 9:16 am

People at work today were saying Fisher & Paykel are ok but I don't really know!
We have a Westinghouse fridge/freezer &a fantastic Bosch washing machine:thumbsup:

Vash the Stampede Apr 20th 2009 9:32 am

Thanks.

Don't know about the others, but I've never had a problem with Delonghi. Good gear, sensibly priced.

:)

herrchook Apr 20th 2009 9:40 am

We have a Samsung LCD and although we're currently having a problem with it, Samsung's Service in resonse to that has, to date, been excellent.

Officer Dibble Apr 20th 2009 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Sammy T (Post 7495083)
I'd avoid LG like the plague, we bought lots of new stuff when we arrived, vacuum cleaner, microwave, TV, dvd player and sadly they were all LG and all have had a problem of some kind. The customer service sucks and I wouldn't touch them again with a very long pole.

Sam

I heard that enough said. They spent a fortune on marketing to achieve sales. Are they Korean??

Yes, I have an LG DVD player and it only works when it feels like it.

Haier is another dodgy brand. I got given a Haier bar fridge and thought I could sell it on but the people at the 2nd hand electrical place werent interested. It remains in my backyard, being used as a table.

bcworld Apr 20th 2009 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Sammy T (Post 7495083)

Sam

Another vote for that.....had an absolute nightmare with an LG fridge - and their rude & unhelpful customer 'service' dept certainly was not fun! :curse:

moneypenny20 Apr 20th 2009 11:19 am

Nothing wrong with my Bosch dishwasher. Love my Fisher & Paykel Fridge Freezer. I think of Delongi as small electrical, not large white goods so don't know about them. Hated the Kleenmaid products that were in the house when we got here - crap in my opinion but they've gone out of business so not to worry. Never heard of Andi apart from Peters but I don't think he makes white goods :lol:

MarkMC Apr 20th 2009 11:27 am

Beaumatic crap and there customer services are even worse our dishwasher by them use to wash the floor more times than it washed the dishes inside the thing. Replaced it with a Bosch one and had no problems.