Honest Opinion

Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Clummy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Honest Opinion

My husband and I are at the very beginning of this long road to emigrate. We have had so much information we are in meltdown.
The real problem at the moment is that no body will give us a real answer as to wether we are wasting our time.
Does anyone know of a contact that we can use to get some real advice?
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:36 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest Opinion

whether you are wasting your time or not I can not tell from your post - you should however go to DIMIA website download the relevant booklet (#6 if it is skilled independant visa you intend to apply for). Also have a look at Ptlabs FAQs at the top of this forum

The immigration forum is better (several agents frequent that forum) for visa Qs.

welcome aboard
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by walaj
whether you are wasting your time or not I can not tell from your post - you should however go to DIMIA website download the relevant booklet (#6 if it is skilled independant visa you intend to apply for). Also have a look at Ptlabs FAQs at the top of this forum

The immigration forum is better (several agents frequent that forum) for visa Qs.

welcome aboard
Thanks.
Will do that.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:47 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clummy
My husband and I are at the very beginning of this long road to emigrate. We have had so much information we are in meltdown.
The real problem at the moment is that no body will give us a real answer as to wether we are wasting our time.
Try Us (this forum) Jayne?

Paul.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:49 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

why do u think u are wasting your time ?
do u want to emigrate ?
what are the issues ?

like diddy says we are here to help

S
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

http://www.overseas-emigration.co.uk/

Hi the above website has a free assessment tool on it, so you can see do you fulfill the points criteria for emmigration. That is how I started the process, we used oe visas to represent us, and we have our visas now. Hope this helps.

Good luck
From Katie
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
why do u think u are wasting your time ?
do u want to emigrate ?
what are the issues ?

like diddy says we are here to help

S
Well!
My husband has 2 Aunts and uncles and a million cousins in Oz.
So no problem getting a sponsor if we need one.
I am a manager for royal mail so I am trained in house and have been doing that for 3 years.
My husband is a sales rep and these skills are a bit dodgey we think!
We are both 36years old.
We have no children to take.
So the real problem is our job skills
Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:31 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

You need to go to www.dimia.gov.au

and go to the sol list. This lists every job that is needed to gain entry to Aus and their points value.

It is also worth noting that you will need an assurer aswell as a sponsor, they need to be earning a reasonable amount and will be willing to sell their granny in order to "garantee" you (so that you don't claim benifits for 2 years etc) OK that was a joke about the granny

Go read the web site then come back and ask more specifics, good luck
Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hevs
You need to go to www.dimia.gov.au

and go to the sol list. This lists every job that is needed to gain entry to Aus and their points value.

It is also worth noting that you will need an assurer aswell as a sponsor, they need to be earning a reasonable amount and will be willing to sell their granny in order to "garantee" you (so that you don't claim benifits for 2 years etc) OK that was a joke about the granny

Go read the web site then come back and ask more specifics, good luck
Thanks for input
My husbands job is on the list but he has no qualification.
After looking at some other threads about TRA it seems you need a good agent to get you throught his part.
Glen Newton is the name I keep seeing at Go Matilda.
We will give him a go I think.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:49 am
Just Joined

milo678 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for input
After looking at some other threads about TRA it seems you need a good agent to get you throught his part.

Give this guy an email he's prices are very very good for the service which is excellent he is easy to talk to an a top skills assessment agent he is also a migrant agent but you can just go for Skills assessment with him, he is an expat his self so understands all the up and downs with the process but i assure you his service is quality, his name is John and his wife who works along side him is Debbie, he got my husband through the TRA and he is and he is an electrician who had no qualifications just on the job training and we received our Tra back within a month start to finish (not bad).

His email address is [email protected]
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:51 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

I recommend Toni at [email protected]
She is also and ex pat and did heaps of research work for us before we even took her on. Hope this helps.
Sarah
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:07 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for input
Glen is helping us with our RPL and cannot rate him or the GoMatilda mob highly enough.

Just in case you don't have the link......

http://www.gomatilda.com/home.cfm

D D
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:27 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

hi clummy,we are in sunny stockport aswell so if we can be of any
help just ask.we downloaded all the forms to migrate from
liveinaustralia.com and we should have a full set put away somewhere
if you need them.they might not be much use as dont know what
type of visa your going for but there here if want
all the best jonni boy
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

We used OE Visas and can't fault them, sorted out everything for us ( thought we might of had a prob with exp etc ), well worth the money for peace of mind and they didn't rip us off.

Good luck and best wishes,
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everyone!
Will keep you posted...No pun intended