Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Honest to a fault...

Honest to a fault...

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 9:55 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default Honest to a fault...

Well, my wife has decided to tell the truth, the whole truth, etc, on her medical forms. She's admitted she smoked weed for a couple of months back in the late 80's when she was a teenager. She's insisted upon telling them this out of thorough truthfulness.

She hasn't touched squat since then, and she doesn't smoke or drink. She has no convictions either.

Just wondering, how DIMIA are going to take that.

What do you guys think?
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

have sent you a pm
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 10:13 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Thanks Larissa, it's appreciated.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 11:26 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Honest to a fault...

Originally posted by Ulujain
Well, my wife has decided to tell the truth, the whole truth, etc, on her medical forms. She's admitted she smoked weed for a couple of months back in the late 80's when she was a teenager. She's insisted upon telling them this out of thorough truthfulness.

She hasn't touched squat since then, and she doesn't smoke or drink. She has no convictions either.

Just wondering, how DIMIA are going to take that.

What do you guys think?
...Far out.....dude.....
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 11:38 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I can't really help, but this is related: (I wouldn't put it on though, there's no way they could tell if you lied)

Anyway, we had an interview at the Embassy in Berlin for Pascal's visa. He'd filled in pretty truthfully how much alcohol he drank each week, and that he used to smoke(normal cigarettes).

The DIMIA guy laughed when reading the form, and said something like: 'I always love reading these bits, everyone lies!!'

Pascal was actually telling the truth, cos he doesn't drink that much.

Anyway, the guy was pretty laid back (and fairly young).

I'm not sure what DIMIA might think, I personally don't think that they'd care in this case, but you can't say for sure, and it might also vary per case officer.......

Hope Larissa helped!