Homesick!

Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:14 pm
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of
Red face Homesick!

Ok, i hold my hand up! I am very homesick!

Anyone else feel the same way? (Ive been in Perth for 4 and 1/2 months)

You know the months (years even) prior to emigration I couldnt wait to come to Australia and start a 'new life'.

I had a holiday about 10 years ago and loved it. But that was a holiday.

The reality is somewhat different.

Yes I wore the 'rosie glassies' (hope thats right expression) and life looked so wonderful.

The reality is....

Yes Australia is beautiful...in fact stunning.

But you cant pop round to your Mums for a brew and a chat. Nor can you call round at your best mates for a chat and a laugh.

I feel very isolated.

The time difference (7 hours in front in Perth, soon to be 8) does make a difference. When its evening here most family and friends are out working or at weekend just out ( I know I always was) Its difficult to syncronize.

Anyhow apologises for feeling so gloomy anyone else feel like this?

TF
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick!

Originally Posted by TigerFeet

You know the months (years even) prior to emigration I couldnt wait to come to Australia and start a 'new life'.

Yes I wore the 'rosie glassies' (hope thats right expression) and life looked so wonderful.

The reality is....

But you cant pop round to your Mums for a brew and a chat. Nor can you call round at your best mates for a chat and a laugh.

I feel very isolated.

The time difference (7 hours in front in Perth, soon to be 8) does make a difference. When its evening here most family and friends are out working or at weekend just out ( I know I always was) Its difficult to syncronize.

TF
oh tigerfeet,

firstly you dont have to apologise to anyone on here, you obviously need to chat.

i camn only imagine how you are feeling and am sure you must feel very low. everyone seems to say that with time it does get easier.

i just want to say try to keep your chin up, look forward to summer, but i'm sure there'll be loads on here who are already out in perth who might come to your rescue and help lift your spirits.

all the best and i hope you feel better soon, i'll send you some karma to help you on your way

debbie x
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:19 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

The reality is....

I feel very isolated.

TF

Hope in time this feeling passes for you.....i dont really know what else to say
except here's a great big cyber hug for you
<<<<<<<<<<<HUG >>>>>>>>
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:24 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

The reality is....

I feel very isolated.

TF

9 months in.. and yep still get the odd twinge.. my brother was here last week (totally unexpected visit) and when he left.. god did I want to get on the flight with him...until he let slip, he was moving away from home as its a bit boring there now.. its not the same as when I left..

basically, everyone has moved on.. its not the place I left..

I am presuming.. it will be the same for you as well... people and places move on.. ditch those rose coloured glasses and remind yourself why you wanted to come to aus...
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:34 pm
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of

Thank you Debbie for your karma, Issa for your hug and sloake for sharing your thoughts. It means a lot.

Thankyou again,
TF
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:38 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel very isolated.

TF
Just wanted to send you some karma, many years in Oz I felt "isolated", hard feeling to describe, on the outside had a good job, friends, husband but something felt missing.

Been back in UK 18 months, planning to return to Australia at some point but the longer I am here and the more settled I have become.

When I remember those "feelings" I got over there for homesickness, I am not sure if I could cope with them again and if moving back to Australia is such a good idea.

Chin up
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:49 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

TF I can only reiterate what i put in the other thread and also agree with everything everyone has said ...

take it from someone who knows ... nothings changed back here in the uk ... all the reasons you left for will no doubt still be here ...

Keep you chin up and i'm sure in a month or two you'll start to feel a little better and you'll be on here telling us how you can't believe you ever felt down
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:01 pm
Fremantle Doctor!

windy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura about

YES I AM HOME SICK.
But do i want to go back to live in England, no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO NO
MAKE FRIENDS WHISTLE A HAPPY TUNE BUY SOME ONE A BEER, ME!

Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:29 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

You wouldn't want to be in the uk. It is raining, it is cloudy, a 12 year old girl had her face slashed with a knife in the middle of a lesson because she tried to stop someone else being bullied, and in no time at all you will have a best friend to pop round to out there. Don't know what to say about missing your mum as I don't have that kind of relationship with mine but I know how much I am going to miss my daughter.

Big hugs to you and I hope you are feeling a little more connected with Aussie life soon.

Annexxx
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:48 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi TF

Have you tried meeting up with other BE members who are in Perth. I'm not sure whereabouts you are in WA or your circumstances but there's a coffee morning advertised on here for expats.

I do feel for you. I have some wonderful friends here but no family and although I'm quite a way from getting to Oz right now I am a bit nervous of starting again and leaving my mates.

Just think, by the time I get to Perth (if) you can be the one befriending me.

Suzy x
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:02 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tiger Feet,

You're experiencing what I expect everyone goes through - we're flying out on 25th November with the kids on a one way ticket and admit to feeling very happy / nervous / S**t scared in equal amounts!

Where abouts are you living and do you have any kids? We are hoping to settle around Secret Harbour - if you're local to there and want to associate yourself with a nuthouse, you're more than welcome to hook up with us before christmas!

Chin up - get that kettle on!

Jules x
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Do you know that I see my mum and sister almost every day and there isn't a day that goes by whereby I try to imagine what it will be like not having them in my life and there are times when it almost causes me to stop breathing because I know that I am going to miss them sooo much. But, then I try to imagine my life as it is now and in the future, staying here in this country, and that makes me even more breathless. I love my mum and sister dearly, and all my friends that I will be leaving behind, but I try to concentrate on my reasons for contemplating why we embarked on this journey in the first place and I realise that we are doing the right thing.

I hope that your homesickness, which is perfectly normal and understandable, passes soon and that you make new friends that can fill the void you so obviously feel right now.

A big cyber hug for you to make you feel a bit better.

Take care

Sarah
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:40 pm
Meow!

thankyou so much for all your response.

I have to say I never really gave homesickness a thought before we came to Perth and maybe thats why it has hit me so hard.

I am guilty of taking my Mum, brother, sister. aunty, nana for granted, as well as my best mate.

As with myself and everyone on here we have to live our dream.
Although I feel down in the dumps now I know in my heart things will get better. I have to believe that.

I have an aunty who said 'if it doesnt work out you can always come back...' At the time I shunned the comment thinking 'how negative, it will work out'

I now hear her words ringing in my ears....

And you know what?

She is right.

But I know I have to give it time. I know that for my own peace of mind.

Bless you Jules, Sarah, Suzy and Merlotsmum

TF
xx
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:53 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Bless you Jules, Sarah, Suzy and Merlotsmum

TF
xx
I gave you a hug and was nice to you too Only joking
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
You wouldn't want to be in the uk. It is raining, it is cloudy, a 12 year old girl had her face slashed with a knife in the middle of a lesson because she tried to stop someone else being bullied, and in no time at all you will have a best friend to pop round to out there. Don't know what to say about missing your mum as I don't have that kind of relationship with mine but I know how much I am going to miss my daughter.

Big hugs to you and I hope you are feeling a little more connected with Aussie life soon.

Annexxx
couldnt agree more anne! have seen the girl in question today, she's in the hospital i work, poor little thing, her face has been stapled!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.