Homebrew

Old Oct 23rd 2004, 9:18 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Homebrew

Hey Cresta
I notice that you are now brewing your own

Now as you know this is a subject close to my heart.

What's it like??? I need to know.

Is it brewable in all states??

So many questions. All answers gratefully recieved

G
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 10:23 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homebrew

Originally Posted by Grayling
Hey Cresta
I notice that you are now brewing your own

Now as you know this is a subject close to my heart.

What's it like??? I need to know.

Is it brewable in all states??

So many questions. All answers gratefully recieved G
The first brew still needs another couple of days to settle Mr G, it's a Newcastle Brown Ale from brewmasters, came as a "can style" kit and required only dextrose and water. Cost $14.50 from the local homebrew mecca. I had to sneek a sample though and first impressions is it's very nice.
Home brewing seems big business here, we shop in Gympie as it's the closest place. It's a city and has a population of 17k urban and another 17k in the outlying areas. My point, there are 3 homebrewing shops here.
Yes you can brew in all states. In some you can also legally buy a still. Not for alcohol, for distilling oils such as Tee Tree etc. These have been adapted to brew some evil tasting spirits. hic.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 10:28 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cresta57
The first brew still needs another couple of days to settle Mr G, it's a Newcastle Brown Ale from brewmasters, came as a "can style" kit and required only dextrose and water. Cost $14.50 from the local homebrew mecca. I had to sneek a sample though and first impressions is it's very nice.
Home brewing seems big business here, we shop in Gympie as it's the closest place. It's a city and has a population of 17k urban and another 17k in the outlying areas. My point, there are 3 homebrewing shops here.
Yes you can brew in all states. In some you can also legally buy a still. Not for alcohol, for distilling oils such as Tee Tree etc. These have been adapted to brew some evil tasting spirits. hic.
Yes, I spotted the fact that you'd gone into home production, too, & was similarly interested....!

I wonder, is it possible to get home brew cider kits as well? Ever seen any?

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 10:30 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Thanks Cresta
I was more concerned about the effect of the temperatures than the law

I used to 'Mash' my own barley and make beer from scratch years ago. Never too keen on kits but maybe they are a lot better now.

You've cheered me up

If you can brew it in Queensland you can brew it anywhere.

Cheers

G
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

chew is an unknown quantity at this point

Try this

http://www.amazingstill.com/
Old Oct 24th 2004, 12:40 am
ABCDiamond

Also try this forum: