Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Home phone and broadband deals in WA

Home phone and broadband deals in WA

Old Aug 11th 2007, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Me and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the rough
Default Home phone and broadband deals in WA

Hi,
I am really hoping one of you lovely people might be able to point me in the right direction.
I move into new house 2 weeks today and have checked out telstra, optus and aapt for home phone and broadband packages but none have great deals on calling UK. Anyone have a fab deal they wanna share the details of? Or are they the only companies on offer in WA?
Would be V grateful!

Sara
Old Aug 11th 2007, 1:15 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home phone and broadband deals in WA

Originally Posted by Me and my Boys
Hi,
I am really hoping one of you lovely people might be able to point me in the right direction.
I move into new house 2 weeks today and have checked out telstra, optus and aapt for home phone and broadband packages but none have great deals on calling UK. Anyone have a fab deal they wanna share the details of? Or are they the only companies on offer in WA?
Would be V grateful!

Sara
Whirlpool is your friend...
Old Aug 11th 2007, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Me and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DrWho
Whirlpool is your friend...

Cheers - I think! I clicked on the word whirlpool in your reply and it took me to the whirlpool website - which is fab if I wanna buy white goods!!!
What am I doing wrong?????
Old Aug 11th 2007, 4:25 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

www.iinet.net.au you cant beat these guys, service is superb, and their charges are lower than most of the others.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
www.iinet.net.au you cant beat these guys, service is superb, and their charges are lower than most of the others.
Thankyou kindly!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 5:29 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers - I think! I clicked on the word whirlpool in your reply and it took me to the whirlpool website - which is fab if I wanna buy white goods!!!
What am I doing wrong?????
Oh bummer...

I left the .au off the end... try this...

http://www.whirlpool.net.au

Old Aug 11th 2007, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DrWho
Oh bummer...

I left the .au off the end... try this...

http://www.whirlpool.net.au

That's more like it

Cheers doc
Old Aug 11th 2007, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

annb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant future

i second iinet....we hve the voip modem and adsl2 package, using the voip phone we call the uk for 40mins and it only costs around $1, local calls are 15c and i cant remember interstate, i know depending how long you talk for sometimes we find it cheaper to use our telstra line over the voip
there is a wide range of packages and support is pretty good
Old Aug 11th 2007, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just got Internode myself, I am an IT guy and spent the last few weeks checking out all the different pacakges and providers in WA.

Internode offer the biggest download limits and fast 24mps connections, if the exchange supports it.

I find most Oz packages have real low download limits, some even charge you if you go over their measly 5 or 10gb limit. With Internode I currently have 40gb limit with no extra charges

They were just awarded best ISP in australia award by a pc magazine as well, due to the packages and high amount of satisfied customers. They have excellent support where you can actually speak to people in australia who know what they are talking about and will sort the problem out. Which is rare for companies these days !
Old Aug 11th 2007, 12:42 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I have iinet and they are brilliant. In the 2 years I have had their service I haven't had one single problem. In Perth I don't think you can beat them.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

pippip is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Would be V grateful!

Sara
I use an internet phone company - http://www.jajah.com/. you need a computer and internet , but NOT any other equipment. The system will phone you on your phone and then phone the person if the UK. If you are both signed up 1 hour per day is free and after that it is about 4cents per minute.