Reload this Page >

Home Offset mortgages

Home Offset mortgages

Old May 29th 2008, 12:41 am
Just Joined

gregiada will become famous soon enough
Default Home Offset mortgages

Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend the best offer out there on Offset mortgages.
We are with members equity bank on 9.19% rate .
ANZ has nice discount on Professional and Breakfree ac.
Any other bank worth to consider ?
Greg
Old May 29th 2008, 2:31 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home Offset mortgages

Originally Posted by gregiada
Hi Guys

Greg
Hi greg, If I were you I wouldn't restrict my choice to an offset account. Just make sure that your account has unlimited free redraws.

When your pay comes in, you can pay it all into your homeloan. You can use your credit card for day to day transactions, paying off the balance each month with a redraw from the homeloan. Doing it this way is effectively the same as an offset account (but with a few manual transactions along the way).

This way, you are not restricting your choice of loans to "only those with an offset".

yourmortgage.com.au provides a good comparison of the current Aus homeloan offerings....look for ones with small or zero set up fees, no ongoing costs, and unlimited free redraws.....

cheers
Old May 29th 2008, 4:44 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Greg
8.94% with CBA, though there is a $300 annual fee which is largely offset by free banking.
Old May 29th 2008, 4:51 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
8.94% with CBA, though there is a $300 annual fee which is largely offset by free banking.
Also might wanna consider part fixed and variable.
Old May 29th 2008, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Try www.onedirect.com.au

They are part of ANZ - current variable rate is 8.61%
Old May 29th 2008, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all info Guys !
I start thinking that maybe line of credit would be better for us .
Is this good loan for someone who purchased block of land and want to build a house on it ?
One more time thank you !
Old May 29th 2008, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by markallwood
Hi greg, If I were you I wouldn't restrict my choice to an offset account. Just make sure that your account has unlimited free redraws.

When your pay comes in, you can pay it all into your homeloan. You can use your credit card for day to day transactions, paying off the balance each month with a redraw from the homeloan. Doing it this way is effectively the same as an offset account (but with a few manual transactions along the way).

This way, you are not restricting your choice of loans to "only those with an offset".

yourmortgage.com.au provides a good comparison of the current Aus homeloan offerings....look for ones with small or zero set up fees, no ongoing costs, and unlimited free redraws.....

cheers
Thank you !
Is this line of credit account ?
Would you reccomend any bank ?
I have found Pacific Mortrage Group on yourmortgage.com.au ,to be very good ,would you know much about them ?
Greg
Old May 30th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Hi Guys

Greg
What profession are you in?

Check the comparision rate.

Check the exit fees. I see all to often people think they are getting a 'cheap' mortgage only to be stung like crazy later down the line.