Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Home at last.....

Home at last.....

Old Jan 6th 2005, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Home at last.....

my dad that is. The hospital discharged him last night . He has a hospital bed downstairs, carers and the macmillan nurses coming in. They have also supplied a hoist so mum can get him from his bed to a wheelchair. His arm is still broken and strapped to his side, his pelvis is smashed as is his shoulder. he has not eaten anything for 5 days, but he is a bit happier now he is back within his own 4 walls.
My flight is for the 17th, and am praying that he can 'hang on in there'. Still trying to get on the flight the day before as the one I am on still states that I have to stay over in Kuala Lumpa.

Fingers crossed eh!!!!!!

Sandra
Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:00 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Home at last.....

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
my dad that is. The hospital discharged him last night . He has a hospital bed downstairs, carers and the macmillan nurses coming in. They have also supplied a hoist so mum can get him from his bed to a wheelchair. His arm is still broken and strapped to his side, his pelvis is smashed as is his shoulder. he has not eaten anything for 5 days, but he is a bit happier now he is back within his own 4 walls.
My flight is for the 17th, and am praying that he can 'hang on in there'. Still trying to get on the flight the day before as the one I am on still states that I have to stay over in Kuala Lumpa.

Fingers crossed eh!!!!!!

Sandra
Fingers crossed your dad's OK and pain free. At least he's home now. I'm sure your dad will wait for you.....he knows you love him and that's what matters most. Best wishes for you and your dad

Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:05 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Fingers crossed eh!!!!!!

Sandra
My thoughts are with you. Despite being so poorly, I'm sure your Dad will be really cheered up at the thought of seeing you....

Good luck with the trip.

Anya.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Just spoke to dad on the phone. couldnt really understand what he was saying, mainly because a) the cancer in his lungs is now leaving him so very short of breath and b) The bugger didnt have his teeth in!!!! had a right go at him (jokingly) Dad is only 64, but he knocked all his teeth out about 10 years ago. He was walking down the road, with a fag in one hand and the other in his pocket (his usual walk!!), when he tripped up. Not quick enogh to get his hand out of his pocket his mouth hit the kerb full on, and bang......there went his teeth. When we went to see him, I send to my kids....'Dont mention grandads teeth' 'ok' they said.

When he answered the door the buggers took one look at him and said 'smile grandad'

Anyway it was really great to speak to him. I said it was his beautiful daughter on the phone, not the ugly sister!!!! He laughed as he knows what sis is like. he then said, she was on her way round as we spoke and that she reminded him of the matron from the carryon film!!!!
At least he is smiling a bit more now!!!

Love Sandra
x
Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear he is home and laughing. Not long until the 17th. Hang in there Sandra, you'll see him soon. The walk described my dad to a T. God forbid he did anything without a fag in his hand or mouth.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:33 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway it was really great to speak to him. I said it was his beautiful daughter on the phone, not the ugly sister!!!! He laughed as he knows what sis is like. he then said, she was on her way round as we spoke and that she reminded him of the matron from the carryon film!!!!
EEK!!! That certainly conjures up an image Sandra!!! I never quite saw Jackie in that light!

Its really good to hear your Dad's a bit perkier now he's home. He'll be even happier when he sees you!!!

Good luck with your flight too Sandra....and don't forget, if there's anything I can do, yell!!!!!!!!

Take care
Petra xx
Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:33 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Glad to hear he's smiling a bit now and back home, thats got to make him feel more comfortable. The 17th will be round before you know (where is this year going already!! ). Don't worry too much about the KL thing, its a very straight-fwd stopover if you do have to do it.