Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

home & land packages ! what are they ?

home & land packages ! what are they ?

Old Mar 14th 2004, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default home & land packages ! what are they ?

These really seem to good to be true ! are there any catches? We hope to emigrate in 2005 and would love to know more about these and how you would qualify. My sister & her family would love to emigrate aswell but as they have no property to sell in this country they are really worried about not being to afford the costs of buying in Perth. Could anyone tell me more about this.
much appreciated
Nicky :?
Old Mar 14th 2004, 11:08 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: home & land packages ! what are they ?

Originally posted by nickyjohnt
These really seem to good to be true ! are there any catches? We hope to emigrate in 2005 and would love to know more about these and how you would qualify. My sister & her family would love to emigrate aswell but as they have no property to sell in this country they are really worried about not being to afford the costs of buying in Perth. Could anyone tell me more about this.
much appreciated
Nicky :?
A home & land package is basically just a block of land, with a house being built on it for you.

Your question "are there any catches?" needs clarifying.

What have you seen, that seems to good to be true ?

Old Mar 15th 2004, 12:36 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Nickyjohnt

You see a developer and have a look at thier house designs and choose the best that suits you needs. You may be able to alter the designs slightly, the same as if you put it on your own land, but this may incur additional cost.

The main catch is most house and land packages are built on newer estates which are ususally in suburbs that are on the VERY edge of the city and miles from the CBD, although there is usually some form of public transport and main access road nearby. This is however mostly the cheapest way for people, especially first-home buyers to be able to afford it. The closer to the CBD the dearer it is even just for land.

Attached is the website for Devine Homes on of Qld's house and and package developers. They may be able to help with your enquiry or suggest someone in the same field in WA........

www.devine.com.au