Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Home contents Insurance in Oz

Home contents Insurance in Oz

Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Phipsons is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Home contents Insurance in Oz

Hi - does anyone know of a comparison website in Oz for home contents insurance?

I've tried searches on the forum and also on the web, but it has drawn a blank. Want to see if I can avoid going to every single site and doing individual quotes....

Thanks, Karen
Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:13 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default Re: Home contents Insurance in Oz

Originally Posted by Phipsons
Hi - does anyone know of a comparison website in Oz for home contents insurance?

I've tried searches on the forum and also on the web, but it has drawn a blank. Want to see if I can avoid going to every single site and doing individual quotes....

Thanks, Karen
http://www.choice.com.au/ is the Australian equivalent of Which? magazine in the UK. They last surveyed home and contents insurance in April 2008.

Cheers
b
Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:15 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phipsons

Thanks, Karen
Type in "home contents insurance comparison australia" into google

Here's one of many
www.cannex.com.au/home-and-contents-insurance/

Do you want "HOME" or "CONTENTS" or "HOME AND CONTENTS"?

Last edited by The Bloke; Sep 21st 2008 at 9:17 am.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future

Hi
We went through all this a few weeks ago.
Did not find any comparison sites. Tried a lot of the obvious including RACV (vic), GIO, AAMI and a couple of cheapies.

Found ING to be best. It is easy to requote with them (ie change address) and you can pay monthly for no extra. They include a percentage for valuables for 'free' in the cover, so unless you have high priced individual items you just take that. They were pretty competitive and may have been cheapest.

They include cover for moving and you have up to 2 weeks at the new addresss before you have to tell them. This was maybe different for us as we only had our luggage because our stuff was not from UK yet.

They all seemed poor on cover of documents and cash, so if important to you make suree you read the small print.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Phipsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. Really appreciate the info from your search Carlap, it's really helpful. The Australian Which magazine will also come in useful over the coming weeks.

Cheers, Karen