Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Home Contents Insurance

Home Contents Insurance

Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Home Contents Insurance

Hi
Had horrible dreams about house being broken into. Now we have possessions again I think it is time to get contents insurance.
Which company is good and how do you get the best quote?

Just looked online but they all seem to do individual quotes rather than a search engine that shops around.
Thanks
Tara
Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Home Contents Insurance

WE went with ANZ after ringing around a few company's we found that they were one of the best. We pay about $40 and get accidental cover and electric motor burn out ( fridge etc ) as well as the usual cover. The more insurances you have with one company the better discount you get.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:51 pm
ABCDiamond

Funny you should ask that, as I posted the following on my forum yesterday:

Just had a couple of renewal notices in for my properties:

One was $353 last year, for buildings only in Sydney, and this year it is $398.
12.5% increase

Another was $715, House & Contents in QLD, last year it was $595. 20% increase.

I've switched the 2nd one to AAMI for $516 for exactly the same cover

So much for the NRMA. They must be increasing premiums to cover all that advertising telling people they are cheaper than the rest

Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:56 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Any other quotes for home and contents insurance? We need (and everyone who get`s a mortgage does) to get something organised before the mortage funds are released from the bank.

Wish there was a one-stop site to compare it all with like in the UK.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stormz
Any other quotes for home and contents insurance? We need (and everyone who get`s a mortgage does) to get something organised before the mortage funds are released from the bank.

Wish there was a one-stop site to compare it all with like in the UK.
our finantial advisor is going to give us a list of insurers for the morgage insurance - he says they can be a bit awkward if you have less than 80% deposit - ie needing lots of proof/paperwork - not impossible just a pain in the ass - but with the visa process we should be used to lots of paperwork!!!!!!
karen
Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:04 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by karenjc
our finantial advisor is going to give us a list of insurers for the morgage insurance - he says they can be a bit awkward if you have less than 80% deposit - ie needing lots of proof/paperwork - not impossible just a pain in the ass - but with the visa process we should be used to lots of paperwork!!!!!!
karen
Mortgage insurance is usually done through the bank you mortage with anyway (ie they sort all that out and probably charge you more for it).

I`ll do a post in a sec with the details of our mortgage broker and settlement agent....

I need to sort out Home & Contents insurance.