Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hols to Uk booked- first time in 5 years- aaahh

Hols to Uk booked- first time in 5 years- aaahh

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Default Hols to Uk booked- first time in 5 years- aaahh

Hey everyone

I used to be on this forum all the time when applying for my visa to come to Tassie. Well 5 years and 2 children later and I just never have the time.

Anyway we have finally got up the courage ( and persuaded the bank manager to lend us the money) to visit the rellies back in the UK.

We go in September and fly via LA both ways ( take the kids to Disneyland and us to Vegas on the way back!)

I am soooo nervous especially because all our lives have changed so much- I am excited to see my family but also dreading the eventual goodbyes aswell.

I have started to forget my life in the UK and its going to be so strange being back there.

Part of me is worried that I will want to stay although I doubt it as we have a wonderful life here for our children.

So I just wanted to ease my nerves a bit by reading about your experiences about visiting the rellies. Any info appreciated such as living through the flights, dealing with rellies ( my husbands are a pain!) what to wear in September, etc etc

thanks

Nat
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hols to Uk booked- first time in 5 years- aaahh

Originally Posted by natty
Hey everyone

I used to be on this forum all the time when applying for my visa to come to Tassie. Well 5 years and 2 children later and I just never have the time.

Anyway we have finally got up the courage ( and persuaded the bank manager to lend us the money) to visit the rellies back in the UK.

We go in September and fly via LA both ways ( take the kids to Disneyland and us to Vegas on the way back!)

I am soooo nervous especially because all our lives have changed so much- I am excited to see my family but also dreading the eventual goodbyes aswell.

I have started to forget my life in the UK and its going to be so strange being back there.

Part of me is worried that I will want to stay although I doubt it as we have a wonderful life here for our children.

So I just wanted to ease my nerves a bit by reading about your experiences about visiting the rellies. Any info appreciated such as living through the flights, dealing with rellies ( my husbands are a pain!) what to wear in September, etc etc

thanks

Nat
we've been here for four years and been back twice-each time it was as though we'd just popped out for a pint of milk 5 minutes before, we spent most of our time driving around to see everybody who seemed less than impressed that we'd come halfway round the world to see them. We ended up explaining that it was actually possible to fly the other way and they could come to see Australia (and us) if they wanted.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Hello
I am in the UK at the moment flying out to brisbane in 7 weeks dont come here i have just got up this morning its 7am and its white ova with frost and bloody freezing i would stay there and say hello to rellies ova a web cam.
not much good to you i know i think five years is a good length of time to leave it before you come back here it has given you all time to settle into your new life were in UK r u rellies

Originally Posted by natty
Hey everyone

thanks

Nat
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carl England
Hello
I am in the UK at the moment flying out to brisbane in 7 weeks dont come here i have just got up this morning its 7am and its white ova with frost and bloody freezing i would stay there and say hello to rellies ova a web cam.
not much good to you i know i think five years is a good length of time to leave it before you come back here it has given you all time to settle into your new life were in UK r u rellies
My rellies around manchester, hel's are in london, carlisle and chester.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 11:30 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

ooh I'm heading back for a break after 9 years & looking forward to it. We are spending time in London showing our 3 some of the sights, taking in a show at 02 dome & theatres then heading out to close friends then family. Not running around finding people or chasing up old aquaintences.

The best bit is we will do what we want when we want and be on holiday, we'll come "HOME" to oz exhaused but happy.
K x
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 11:33 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hoola
ooh I'm heading back for a break after 9 years & looking forward to it. We are spending time in London showing our 3 some of the sights, taking in a show at 02 dome & theatres then heading out to close friends then family. Not running around finding people or chasing up old aquaintences.

The best bit is we will do what we want when we want and be on holiday, we'll come "HOME" to oz exhaused but happy.
K x
That's the spirit.