holidays

Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:00 am
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice
Default holidays

This is a simple question, when living some where as beautifull and sunny as W.A. where do you all go on your summer hols, is it anything like when in the UK always looking forward for them 2 weeks in the sun? or do you just stay at home?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:22 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: holidays

Originally Posted by ASHO
This is a simple question, when living some where as beautifull and sunny as W.A. where do you all go on your summer hols, is it anything like when in the UK always looking forward for them 2 weeks in the sun? or do you just stay at home?
We haven't bothered yet in two years. Just do long weekends in Margaret River, Jurien Bay etc. Next year we are planning on going to either Bali or Broome but it is a winter thing rather than summer.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
We haven't bothered yet in two years. Just do long weekends in Margaret River, Jurien Bay etc. Next year we are planning on going to either Bali or Broome but it is a winter thing rather than summer.
We're going to Broome at Christmas time. My husband travels all over the state for work and has said how much he loves the north.
Australia is a huge country with lots of diversity. For vacation I would suggest seeing other parts of it. The east is very different from the west.
Saying that, I would love to go someplace exotic like Maldives or Mauritius.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 12:03 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Although not in WA, but QLD, I too have not bothered going on holiday in a couple of years. What would I travel overseas for ? Sun, palm trees, sand, maybe to laze around the pool...

Sounds like my back yard. I've found heaps of places to go more locally.

Having said that there are some cracking fare offers to Thailand and elsewhere in Asia at the moment from Australia.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 12:43 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in Melbourne and tend to go away for New Year and in our winter. Been to Fiji a couple of times (prefer the outer islands to inland), NZ and Palm Cove a couple of times. I wanted to go to Broome this winter (Now) but had to go to the UK instead to see family. Stopped at Langkawi on the way home for a week and then KL but this would not be my first choice.

We are planning on going to Thailand for New Year but having just read what I have typed above I think that perhaps we should try to see a bit more of Australia first!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 3:48 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
We're going to Broome at Christmas time. My husband travels all over the state for work and has said how much he loves the north.
Australia is a huge country with lots of diversity. For vacation I would suggest seeing other parts of it. The east is very different from the west.
Saying that, I would love to go someplace exotic like Maldives or Mauritius.
We came out 4 years ago on a 3 month holiday and saw Singapore, NZ (South Island) and did a loop of Melbourne-Adelaide-Alice-Uluru-Cairns-QLD-Sydney so we have seen a lot of Australia already. It has taken us two years to see most things within an easy drive of Perth so we are now looking to broaden our horizons. I have been to the Pilbara with work but only for a day. So Geraldton (yeah, I know!), Shark Bay, Dampier (with work hopefully), Broome, Albany, Kalgoorlie are the obvious WA places to go. But Bali, Thailand etc are about as close as the east coast. After that, Tassie, NZ (North), Japan, China would be our next targets. Probably have to go back to the UK at some point to keep the rellies happy too - but not looking forward to that one.

So that is the next 10 years taken care of
Old Jul 29th 2007, 3:56 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ASHO
I think no matter where you live its good to get away from it all even if it is a trip down South for the weekend just to relax, we are back in britain for 1 month at xmas then next year we are hoping for a wee trip to syndney havent been yet and my 4 year old keeps asking to go back to Wiggles World so a trip to the Gold Coast maybe too.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 5:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

People keep asking me if we're going back to Canada for visits and I always say no, not any time soon. We've see all there is to see there so now we're seeing what else the world has to offer.
I've been to Melbourne, lived in Adelaide and now live in Perth, so have seen those places. My sister lives in Brisbane but keeps a "shack" up near Gladstone. We may go out there next winter, but no hurry. Qld isn't on the top of my list of places to see.