Reload this Page >

Holiday and what to see or do

Holiday and what to see or do

Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Mousy will become famous soon enough
Default Holiday and what to see or do

Hi

We have just booked our flights for 3 weeks starting 3rd December. We are flying to Sydney for a few days sightseeing then flying to Cairns to do the reef. We have just under two weeks before coming back to Sydney to spend Christmas there before flying home.

Is there anything we should not miss on seeing or doing in the spare time we have between Cairns and Sydney, we were thinking of having a few days on the Gold Coast and maybe's seeing Fraser Island, other than that we haven't planned anything else. How long should we stay in Fraser Island and how long should we stay on the Gold Coast, we will have our two children with us one 9 and one 10 and can anyone think of anything else that would be good to do with two children.

I know this is a hard one as there are probably hundreds of things we shouldn't miss doing but I appreciate any answers.

Thanks in advance.

Mousy
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday and what to see or do

Whilst in Cairns - Kuranada by the air thing
Mosman Gorge
A jaunt up over the daintree
Port Douglas

GC has 'theme' parks for kids
Dreamworld, Wet n Wild & another one I cant remember
If you're in the GC a trip down to Byron Bay is worth a jaunt
If you go to Fraser Island - the Steve Irwin zoo is between Brisbane and there
Have fun n games

Sure others will be along with brill ideas
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 2:51 am
Just Joined

shani is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mousy
Hi

We have just booked our flights for 3 weeks starting 3rd December. We are flying to Sydney for a few days sightseeing then flying to Cairns to do the reef. We have just under two weeks before coming back to Sydney to spend Christmas there before flying home.

Is there anything we should not miss on seeing or doing in the spare time we have between Cairns and Sydney, we were thinking of having a few days on the Gold Coast and maybe's seeing Fraser Island, other than that we haven't planned anything else. How long should we stay in Fraser Island and how long should we stay on the Gold Coast, we will have our two children with us one 9 and one 10 and can anyone think of anything else that would be good to do with two children.

I know this is a hard one as there are probably hundreds of things we shouldn't miss doing but I appreciate any answers.

Thanks in advance.

Mousy
The Gold Coast has great beaches (Rainbow is good for the kids)- with Sea World where you can swim with the dolphins -or sharks!!! Moreton Island (closer to Brisbane than Frazer) has Tangalooma where you can feed the dolphins - bit of a touristy thing though -but the kids would love it. You can hire a 4x4, and snorkel at the wrecks. Brisbane is a beautiful city too.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:48 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks in advance.

Mousy
You must be so excited, I knew we were.

3 weeks seems a long time, but really isnt.

Australia is huge, and the sheer logistics of getting from one place to another, can be so time consuming.

If you hit Gold Coast, get them to the theme parks at Helensvale. They will love it, and dont forget your sunscreen, "slip-slap-slop"

Theres also some Draculas place in gold-coast thats supposedly good, for younger kids.

Steve
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Mousy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
You must be so excited, I knew we were.

3 weeks seems a long time, but really isnt.

Australia is huge, and the sheer logistics of getting from one place to another, can be so time consuming.

If you hit Gold Coast, get them to the theme parks at Helensvale. They will love it, and dont forget your sunscreen, "slip-slap-slop"

Theres also some Draculas place in gold-coast thats supposedly good, for younger kids.

Steve
Thanks everyone for your replies, will certainly do the theme parks with the kids and kuranda sounds great, as does Byron Bay, so much to see and do and so little time to do it in, can't wait - roll on December - not that I'm wishing my life away!!
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 11:17 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

we will have our two children with us one 9 and one 10 and can anyone think of anything else that would be good to do with two children.

Mousy
With kids I would recommend the Quicksilver cruise to the 'Low Isles'. There are probably many other choices for you to see the reef, but the one to the Low Isles is great for kids as they can play on the sand and take part in walk with a marine biologist.
There are introductory reef SCUBA dives that the adults can do (one AM & one PM).
Then there are snorkling trips with a marine biologist that you can do if you don't fancy SCUBA diving.
TIP
The boat leaves from Cairns and THEN travels to Port Douglas to pick up passengers. If you don't know where your staying yet, why not stay at Port Douglas or board the ship at Port Douglas which means you don't have to spend all day on the boat (you get dropped off 1st at the end of the day).
http://www.quicksilver-cruises.com/wavedancer.htm

I had a mate who went out to the 'Pontoon' and didn't have a very good eperience.... though others may disagree.
http://www.quicksilver-cruises.com/wavepiercer.htm