Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Holiday Visa On-Line

Holiday Visa On-Line

Old Jul 10th 2004, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice
Default Holiday Visa On-Line

Hi All,

Just wondered id anyone can help. I have been looking at the DIMA web site for info on getting a visa for our holiday to Perth in December. It says you can apply on-line for a ETA and that is costs AUS$20.00 per person. Is this the total cost you have to pay, I ask because someone I was talking to said they had paid more than this and just wanted to check it out.

Thanks.

Pauline
Old Jul 10th 2004, 5:03 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday Visa On-Line

Originally posted by Pauline & Iain
Hi All,

Just wondered id anyone can help. I have been looking at the DIMA web site for info on getting a visa for our holiday to Perth in December. It says you can apply on-line for a ETA and that is costs AUS$20.00 per person. Is this the total cost you have to pay, I ask because someone I was talking to said they had paid more than this and just wanted to check it out.

Thanks.

Pauline
it is more online, try this link
http://www.workoz.com/home.php?page_id=10
Old Jul 10th 2004, 5:05 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i meant to add. we did this for our son, he got a reply within 10 days, really easy and no probs.
Old Jul 10th 2004, 7:11 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi All,

Thanks.

Pauline

Hi

If its an ETA you're after (rather than a WHV), you're right you can go to http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ and apply there. It does say there is a service charge of $20. I don't know if this is on top of an ETA cost or if this is it - I had an ETA about 3 years ago and my travel agent just added it to the cost of the flight and did it for me. I had a feeling it was more, but I could be wrong. Someone who's got one recently may be able to tell you for sure.

Cheers
Old Jul 10th 2004, 7:54 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Hi All,

Thanks.

Pauline

We did, that is all it is $20.00, they took it out of our credit card !!!

Best of luck
Pauline & John
Old Jul 10th 2004, 10:09 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

That link is for a Working Holiday Visa - *not* an ETA.
The correct site for ETAs is http://www.eta.immi.gov.au

As far as I'm aware, the online charge for a tourist ETA is AUD20 per person.

I would strongly suggest not leaving things to the last minute as if there is some problem online you'll have to check directly with the Australian High Commission - not so easy to do that if your flight is next day.

Jeremy

Originally posted by soapy
it is more online, try this link
http://www.workoz.com/home.php?page_id=10
Old Jul 10th 2004, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thanks.

Pauline
my travel agent arranged mine for me. as I had booked several APT tours and the car hire through her she didn't charge me for the ETA. So do try a bit of bargaining at your travel agents
H.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point

we booked our holiday visa in February for our trip in october for 3 adults and a child it cost £36 and they came back over the internet overnight approved no problems and are automatically registered with the air line
Old Jul 11th 2004, 1:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Most travel agents will offer to do the visa for you, but I've never found one that did it cheaper than doing it yourself onine. You should get an instant response and it'll be just $20, no hidden costs. One travel agent tried to charge me £40!!!
Wish all the visas were that easy!
Old Jul 11th 2004, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Lunn Poly wanted £25 each and said it would take a week

Old Jul 11th 2004, 1:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Lunn Poly wanted £25 each and said it would take a week
:scared: :scared:

Hope you didn't accept their offer!
Old Jul 11th 2004, 2:37 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by JAJ
That link is for a Working Holiday Visa - *not* an ETA.
The correct site for ETAs is http://www.eta.immi.gov.au

As far as I'm aware, the online charge for a tourist ETA is AUD20 per person.

I would strongly suggest not leaving things to the last minute as if there is some problem online you'll have to check directly with the Australian High Commission - not so easy to do that if your flight is next day.

Jeremy
well spotted Jeremy. i didnt check i had pasted the wrong link before i sent it
Old Jul 11th 2004, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

We already new the cost as we had done our research so told them no straight away. The same goes for booking our holiday, they quoted £4,500 (flights only) and we got the same flights on the net for £2,700 for 4 adults (2 over 12).
we are now planning to go to Sydney for 3 days, on the net flights and accomodation in hotel looking at the opera house and bridge from the same window £490, Going places quoted FLIGHTS ONLY £860, so we do everything on the net now.

Old Jul 11th 2004, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Thanks everyone. Will do it on line then.

Pauline
Old Jul 11th 2004, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't cost travel agents or airlines ANYTHING to issue an ETA. An ETA is issued using the computerised reservation system that all travel agents have access to. (DIMIA has an app that runs on it, for the purposes of issuing and checking ETAs. The same app is used when you check-in for your flight to oz to confirm you do indeed have an ETA and are allowed to travel to oz). The web based system is slightly different, they charge $20 to cover the cost of the software devt. that went into producing a web solution that links into the back office DIMIA ETA database.

Somewhere on DIMIAs website is a document that explains how the ETA system works, and it clearly states there is no charge to travel agents for obtaining one. Most TA's will try and pull a fast one and charge for ETAs - a way of making a quick $/£ from you. For a family of four, £20 each isn't cheap!

The trick is to get a quote for a flight from a travel agent, and once they've quoted you say you will give them the business PROVIDING they process your ETA's for free. I've done this every time I needed an ETA. Once they realise that you know they're ripping you off, they usually relent!

Russ