Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

holiday visa leading to work

holiday visa leading to work

Old Jul 14th 2007, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice
Default holiday visa leading to work

This is for my curiosity only and would like to know if anyone has tried and succeded/failed with this. Has anyone or do you know of someone who has entered Australia with a holiday visa and while there been offered work and sponsorship? Have you and your family been able to stay, what are the implications? Has anyone gone in on a student visa to then be offered work leading to sponsorship for the family, or is it a definate no no. Cheers
Old Jul 14th 2007, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Re: holiday visa leading to work

i would like to know this also.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

An agent I was talking to told me that lots of his clients went out on student visas and then found employers to sponsor them. I am planning on going on a student visa and will be applying for any jobs in my field that come up. I'm not to worried about getting them as the course looks great.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
An agent I was talking to told me that lots of his clients went out on student visas and then found employers to sponsor them. I am planning on going on a student visa and will be applying for any jobs in my field that come up. I'm not to worried about getting them as the course looks great.
Thankyou for that, can the spouse of the student get sponsored if they get offered a job?
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulainspain
Thankyou for that, can the spouse of the student get sponsored if they get offered a job?

There's no reason why not, providing all the criteria is met for the visa you are applying for. Just be mindful that until the sponsered visa is approved you will only be able to work for that employer 20 hours per week. Unless DIAC have some sort of bridging visa they will grant (I have no idea about that sorry )
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:55 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Two guys at our place did that - an Indian and a Dutchman (sounds like the start of a bad joke doesn't it? ) Darwin being considered regional by DIC, both of these guys got permanent visas via RSMS.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

[My son is here as an International student , we are Citizens.When his course fineshes we will sponsor him and his partner.
His friend came over on working holiday visa, he is a joiner and is being sponsored by company for PR.
Yes it is possible, especially if you have job in demand.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wendy
There's no reason why not, providing all the criteria is met for the visa you are applying for. Just be mindful that until the sponsered visa is approved you will only be able to work for that employer 20 hours per week. Unless DIAC have some sort of bridging visa they will grant (I have no idea about that sorry )
Interesting, thanks for the reply
Old Jul 15th 2007, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of

Can someone tell me if there ia an age limit to the student visa ?

ta
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skyblue

ta
I dont think so, my friend is on student visa , she is 40.
But remember you dont get centrelink, and you can only work 20 hours per week, except for holidays when you can work more.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:14 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skyblue

ta
No, but if you are planning to stay in Australia it will be more difficult to get permanent residence (especially if you are aged 45+ at the time).
Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

This is for my curiosity only and would like to know if anyone has tried and succeded/failed with this. Has anyone or do you know of someone who has entered Australia with a holiday visa and while there been offered work and sponsorship? Have you and your family been able to stay, what are the implications? Has anyone gone in on a student visa to then be offered work leading to sponsorship for the family, or is it a definate no no. Cheers
Why does this thread make it sound so simple? I wonder why anyone bothers going through the whole visa process when they're so many back door ways in!
Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:31 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Why does this thread make it sound so simple?
Most people have a precisely 0% chance of being offered a job unless they have a visa allowing work in Australia. Also bear in mind that work permits (457 visas) are not generally available for "non-skilled" jobs although there is a little more flexibility in regional Australia.

And the small minority who have skills in real demand in Australia don't need to visit Australia to find an employer.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Why does this thread make it sound so simple? I wonder why anyone bothers going through the whole visa process when they're so many back door ways in!

The entry fee of the back door is really expensive though
Old Jul 16th 2007, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

yes one of my excolleagues did that he had no problems getting a job and sponsership and his girlfriend got a defacto visa and is allowed to work. He has also had no problems getting other jobs. As long as you have skills in demand there doesn't seem to be a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.