Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

holiday visa cancelling out PR visa???

holiday visa cancelling out PR visa???

Old Apr 1st 2002, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

britbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default holiday visa cancelling out PR visa???

As we are not too far from Claire in date of application(15th Dec 2000) and it looks like London seem to be working through the backlog, I have a question.
We are going out to Brisbane in three weeks. I understand that if we have a holiday visa it will cancel out the PR visa(if granted). Obviously, after waiting for two years, we don't want that to happen.
Can I ask my agent to inform the AHC of my intended trip and see if they will grant the PR visa so we can validate it or do I just wait till the last minute to get the holiday visa? And what happens if the AHC try to contact us while we are in Brisbane. Talk about being inbetween a rock and a hard place. Any ideas?
Thanks
Britbird
Old Apr 1st 2002, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Re: holiday visa cancelling out PR visa???

Hi Britbird...I don't know the answer to your question, but I just had to write and say....isn't that just bloody typical....you wait years for a visa and two come along at once!!

I would do what you suggested yourself, ring AHC and see what they say...you don't want to lose that precious PR at the last minute and just for the sake of a holiday.

Keep us updated, I'd be interested to know what happens.
Old Apr 1st 2002, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I just gave the dates that we would be in Australia to our Agent who must have been in touch with LHC because when they called on Sunday he asked me when we went. It would be worth a try to see if you could get the visa earlier so that you can validate it but I wouldn't hold you breathe.

It is just our luck that we are unable to get to London tomorrow to collect our visas as it would have been great to validate them on this trip. Nevermind, I'm not going to complain now after 17 months. If it had just been last week when they called.........
Old Apr 1st 2002, 8:05 pm
Jez

How about waiting until you get the PR visa? Go to Spain instead for three weeks?

"britbird" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > As we are not too far from Claire in date of application(15th Dec 2000) and it
    > looks like London seem to be working through the backlog, I have a question. We are
    > going out to Brisbane in three weeks. I understand that if we have a holiday visa
    > it will cancel out the PR visa(if granted). Obviously, after waiting for two years,
    > we don't want that to happen. Can I ask my agent to inform the AHC of my intended
    > trip and see if they will grant the PR visa so we can validate it or do I just wait
    > till the last minute to get the holiday visa? And what happens if the AHC try to
    > contact us while we are in Brisbane. Talk about being inbetween a rock and a hard
    > place. Any ideas? Thanks Britbird
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 1st 2002, 9:35 pm
Jaj

You should tell the AHC about your trip regardless.

If you haven't got an ETA you should get one, and it would be worth checking with the
AHC you're not about to be granted a PR visa at the same time.

If a PR visa is not imminent, then you can get an ETA now and when a PR visa is
granted, the PR visa will override the ETA.

As for the AHC contacting you in Brisbane, if you have a mobile phone set up for
international roaming, maybe give them the number, or if staying with
friends/relatives, maybe give their number (or both).

Jeremy

>On 1 Apr 2002 18:05:34 GMT, britbird <[email protected]> wrote:

>As we are not too far from Claire in date of application(15th Dec 2000) and it looks
    >like London seem to be working through the backlog, I have a question. We are going
    >out to Brisbane in three weeks. I understand that if we have a holiday visa it will
    >cancel out the PR visa(if granted). Obviously, after waiting for two years, we don't
    >want that to happen. Can I ask my agent to inform the AHC of my intended trip and
    >see if they will grant the PR visa so we can validate it or do I just wait till the
    >last minute to get the holiday visa? And what happens if the AHC try to contact us
    >while we are in Brisbane. Talk about being inbetween a rock and a hard place. Any
    >ideas? Thanks Britbird
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com