Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Holiday Rentals Brissy? Need More!

Holiday Rentals Brissy? Need More!

Old Jun 18th 2006, 4:13 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Holiday Rentals Brissy? Need More!

Hi there, we are trying to find a holiday rental in Brisbane for 2 weeks in August, the usual ones that most people know are booked up already as its the kids hols!! Brisbane bound, destination brisbane etc are all full, anyone with some ideas of different holiday lets?? thanks Pete
Old Jun 18th 2006, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday Rentals Brissy? Need More!

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Hi there, we are trying to find a holiday rental in Brisbane for 2 weeks in August, the usual ones that most people know are booked up already as its the kids hols!! Brisbane bound, destination brisbane etc are all full, anyone with some ideas of different holiday lets?? thanks Pete
We've just got a really nice deal on an Executive Villa £600 for two weeks, (more like a chalet though ) with www.big4.com.au they have parks all round Australia, well worth a look.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

there's always the backpackers and YHAs!!

"aussie way" on cricket street is really nice - lot of older couples (40-60s) staying there when I was, was very quiet at night, and is (was) residents only after 10pm. It's an old converted queenslander with additional rooms in another building out the back, has a couple of kitchens, a pool, and I'm sure you'll be able to get a 4/5/6 bed room to yourselves. Fridge and TV in our room, + air con (not that I think you'll really need it in august!)

Can't find my card for them, but a google search should see you right!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

did it for ya

http://users.bigpond.net.au/aussieway/Index.htm
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:28 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Hope this helps
http://www.realestate.com.au/realest...+accommodation
Old Jun 19th 2006, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

What is your budget, Pete? How many of you? Kids? Have you got specific requirements on location etc? Here are a few ideas - just places I've been.

If don't mind staying at an apartment in or near the city, on www.seqrents.com.au there are a number of furnished short term rentals. We (and a number of BE'ers at different times) stayed at the Manhattan on Newstead when we first arrived and can highly recommend it. The property manager John is very helpful and he looks after a few other properties near the city too. The Manhattan is near the river and close to a few very good restaurants at Breakfast Creek.

There's a B&B down the road from us - Birkdale B&B which is very pleasant in a residential area. 5 minute drive to Manly, 30 to the city. My daughter and I stayed there once when our house was being painted.

You can also try Cleveland Motor Inn (haven't stayed there but it's near where we used to live) - reasonably priced, comfortable enough basic motel at the end of the train line. It's in a not bad location - 40 minute drive to the city, 40 minutes to Gold Coast, 1 1/2 hours to Sunshine Coast, walking distance to restaurants at Raby Bay and shops in Cleveland.

Hope you'll find something soon and let us know if you're still stuck.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
What is your budget, Pete? How many of you? Kids? Have you got specific requirements on location etc? Here are a few ideas - just places I've been.

If don't mind staying at an apartment in or near the city, on www.seqrents.com.au there are a number of furnished short term rentals. We (and a number of BE'ers at different times) stayed at the Manhattan on Newstead when we first arrived and can highly recommend it. The property manager John is very helpful and he looks after a few other properties near the city too. The Manhattan is near the river and close to a few very good restaurants at Breakfast Creek.

There's a B&B down the road from us - Birkdale B&B which is very pleasant in a residential area. 5 minute drive to Manly, 30 to the city. My daughter and I stayed there once when our house was being painted.

You can also try Cleveland Motor Inn (haven't stayed there but it's near where we used to live) - reasonably priced, comfortable enough basic motel at the end of the train line. It's in a not bad location - 40 minute drive to the city, 40 minutes to Gold Coast, 1 1/2 hours to Sunshine Coast, walking distance to restaurants at Raby Bay and shops in Cleveland.

Hope you'll find something soon and let us know if you're still stuck.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
WOW thanks for those links..I love the manhattan place! Emailed them and asked them about availability for sept\oct
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Hiya,

Sorry to change the subject but we are arriving in Ausgust too (19th) we have 2 little ones...have you managed to shortlist any decent accomodation yet??
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:18 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Re: Holiday Rentals Brissy? Need More!

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hiya,

Sorry to change the subject but we are arriving in Ausgust too (19th) we have 2 little ones...have you managed to shortlist any decent accomodation yet??
No not yet, there is some out there, if you want a unit near the river www.realestate.com.au holiday let section always seem to have some. We dont have a exact date yet so still just looking at the moment, good look with your travels. Hope to be there about the same time as you!! Pete Hope to be about the same time as u.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

No not yet, there is some out there, if you want a unit near the river www.realestate.com.au holiday let section always seem to have some. We dont have a exact date yet so still just looking at the moment, good look with your travels. Hope to be there about the same time as you!! Pete Hope to be about the same time as u.
Hiya,

Thanks for that we'll have alook at that!
We're still trying to organise jobs at the mo, hopefully will have everything sorted by the time we are due to leave.
Good luck!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 8:48 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hiya,

Thanks for that we'll have alook at that!
We're still trying to organise jobs at the mo, hopefully will have everything sorted by the time we are due to leave.
Good luck!
My company are sending me out to Brissy in a couple of weeks, they are puttng me up in Taringa Gardens someone from the office has just come back from there and said it was quite nice.... Dunno if this will help or not though.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellyjs
WOW thanks for those links..I love the manhattan place! Emailed them and asked them about availability for sept\oct
I should ask to be put on commission, especially now that I don't have a paid job... They're pretty good at getting back to you. If not, give them a call.

All the best,
Mrs JTL
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I should ask to be put on commission, especially now that I don't have a paid job... They're pretty good at getting back to you. If not, give them a call.

All the best,
Mrs JTL
John got back to me already! Just want to read up about the area and get an idea of where I would be staying for two months!
Really like the look of the place though, although I should shut up before someone else books it! :scared:
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kellyjs
John got back to me already! Just want to read up about the area and get an idea of where I would be staying for two months!
Really like the look of the place though, although I should shut up before someone else books it! :scared:
There isn't much at Newstead apart from some restaurants at Breakfast Creek Wharf but the building's only a short 5-10 minute drive or taxi ride into the city. If you rent a car you can use the lockup garage for free. The walk to the nearest train station Bowen Hill takes about 10 minutes. To give you an idea of distance, we walked to China Town from the Manhattan a few times and it took us about 20 minutes.

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:39 pm
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

We stayed in the Manhattan Apartments in Newstead in April/May - I'll save my typing fingers (all two of them ) and quote what I said then:

Manhattan Apartments
Like a few other posters we stayed in the Manhattan apartments in Newstead. The apartments definitely have their pros and cons and it depends on your particular needs. They are in a very central location a short bus ride from the city and not far from anywhere, perfect if what you are looking for is a base to get everything sorted. The apartments themselves are lovely, very well appointed with the best shower I have ever used! However Newstead itself is not the nicest area – we wanted somewhere we could go for walks with the pram and from that point of view it wasn’t great. There is a short walk along the river other than that it’s all car dealers and small warehouses. Having said that it looks like in a few years that will all have changed – there’s tons of construction going on.

Martyn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.