Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

holiday rentals?

holiday rentals?

Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all
Default holiday rentals?

Hello, we are a family of four who will be arriving in Brisbane in July/August and are looking for a holiday rental which we would use as a base to explore the area and look for a long term rental. I was just wondering what do most people do on arrival, as we don't want to commit ourselves to a longer term rental before arriving. Also the ones we have looked at look like cabins, and arriving in the winter, will we be warm enough.

Any help from those who have already done the move would be much appreciated.

Gill
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all
Default Re: holiday rentals?

Originally Posted by maund family
Hello, we are a family of four who will be arriving in Brisbane in July/August and are looking for a holiday rental which we would use as a base to explore the area and look for a long term rental. I was just wondering what do most people do on arrival, as we don't want to commit ourselves to a longer term rental before arriving. Also the ones we have looked at look like cabins, and arriving in the winter, will we be warm enough.

Any help from those who have already done the move would be much appreciated.

Gill
hi we are also interested in the same question as we are flying out on the 4th of july
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by davidb1989
hi we are also interested in the same question as we are flying out on the 4th of july
sorry forgot to say to brisbane
Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:28 pm
ABCDiamond

Listings of Furnished Accommodation and Serviced Houses and Apartments:

Brisbane South East
Thornlands, QLD 4164 - Map - www.auspitality.com.au - Furnished rental property - Brisbane South East
Thornlands, QLD 4164 - Map - www.abuzzhomestay.com.au - Furnished rental property - Brisbane South East
Cleveland, QLD 4163 - Map - Cleveland Terrace Resort, 52 Island Street, Cleveland, QLD 4163 T: (07) 3821 2255 - Brisbane South East

Brisbane North Side
Bridgeman Downs, QLD 4035 - Map - www.familyfriendlyhomes.com.au - Furnished rental property - Brisbane North side
Hendra, QLD 4011 - Map - www.brisbanebound.com - 3 Bedroom Furnished House - Brisbane North side
Mango Hill, QLD 4509 - Map - www.headstarthomestay.com.au - Furnished room in shared House - Brisbane North side

Brisbane Central
Woolloongabba, Brisbane, QLD 4102 - www.alexapts.com.au/ - Furnished rental Apartments - Brisbane Central
Spring Hill, Brisbane, QLD 4000 - www.springhillgardens.net- Furnished rental Apartments - Brisbane Central

Holiday Villages
Brisbane Holiday Village, Eight Mile Plains, QLD 4113. http://www.brisbaneholiday.com.au

Old Mar 7th 2009, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

we have two homes fully furnished south side, inc airport pic up & relocation help if required, log cabin would be fine if it has reverse cycle aircon,
Old Mar 7th 2009, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

As I was researching on property sales/rental prices in the suburb, Ormiston, where we used to live, I came across this one. It's only $700/week, furnished, minimum 7 days. It seems a great price in a quiet leafy suburb, 50 minutes on the train or drive to CBD.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1236398574

Mrs JTL
Old Mar 7th 2009, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

The best bet is realestate.com.au there are loads of places if you follow the holiday let links, during winter the prices are cheaper too. I stayed at the Abuzz and it was a good base to explore Brisbane and the Gold Coast but not really close to either of them.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

canadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nice

I agree realestate.com.au and select holiday rentals if you like. That's how I found my place. You can reserve with your credit card etc. So no hassle from abroad. Plus you are all set for cooking etc until your stuff shows up by boat!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Hi,
Agree with JacktheLad, Ormiston is a lovely area we are only 5 minutes away at Cleveland, the Bayside is a lovely area check out www.redlandstourism.com.au shows you whats around the Redlands Bayside area and what it has to offer, also check out ABCDiamond website who offers some fantastic information.
Good luck with your search

Last edited by spadgersdad; Mar 8th 2009 at 9:25 am.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 10:25 am
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
As I was researching on property sales/rental prices in the suburb, Ormiston, where we used to live, I came across this one. It's only $700/week, furnished, minimum 7 days. It seems a great price in a quiet leafy suburb, 50 minutes on the train or drive to CBD.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1236398574

Mrs JTL

Nice find, cheers, if anyone has links to any other fully furnished property in the baysaide area i would be very happy. I am looking for say a six month let fully furnished later on this year. Around late September to mid October.

No more than $700.00 aweek.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

thanks for all the replys, given us a lot to go on.

Gill
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by calNgary
we have two homes fully furnished south side, inc airport pic up & relocation help if required, log cabin would be fine if it has reverse cycle aircon,
hi all thanks for info big help how much are you charging a week for your log cabin and how long is it to brisbane?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Hi,
If renting for six months onwards you should be able to find something you want, you will need references, bond etc realestate agents wont usually give you the time until you are over here and deal with you person to person. Although I have read on this forum that some people have managed to rent long term accommodation before they arrive. If you need any further information regarding the Bayside area please dont hesitate to contact us good luck
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

lazylou123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are also looking for somewhere near to the Richlands area of Brisbane, we are looking to arrive at the end of April

thanks for any help

Louisa
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Nice find, cheers, if anyone has links to any other fully furnished property in the baysaide area i would be very happy. I am looking for say a six month let fully furnished later on this year. Around late September to mid October.

No more than $700.00 aweek.
I have seen that the Cleveland Terrace Resort (details in above post) does long term furnished rentals, for well under $700pw, although not the largest of properties.

Hmmm, i'm just thinking, $700 pw ? I could let mine out, and move somewhere cheaper for 6 months

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.