Reload this Page >

holiday rental in cloundra/brisbane

holiday rental in cloundra/brisbane

Old Feb 17th 2005, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default holiday rental in cloundra/brisbane

Hi, hope you can help,

We've just decided that it might be a good idea to go and get our visas validated this easter so that we remove the worry of missing our august deadline (house to sell, job to sort out still, etc).

We're hoping to move to the Brisbane area but not sure where! Thinking possibly Caloundra or the Bayside areas and so the validation trip will give us an extra chance to have a look. We're going to do all the usual things looking at houses, schools etc (and taking a bit of a holiday on the beach too) so we're looking for a place to sleep and a base from which to explore.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've been looking at a range of websites but would welcome any thoughts or advice.

Many thanks
BB
Old Feb 17th 2005, 11:18 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: holiday rental in cloundra/brisbane

Originally Posted by beach bound
Hi, hope you can help,

We've just decided that it might be a good idea to go and get our visas validated this easter so that we remove the worry of missing our august deadline (house to sell, job to sort out still, etc).

We're hoping to move to the Brisbane area but not sure where! Thinking possibly Caloundra or the Bayside areas and so the validation trip will give us an extra chance to have a look. We're going to do all the usual things looking at houses, schools etc (and taking a bit of a holiday on the beach too) so we're looking for a place to sleep and a base from which to explore.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've been looking at a range of websites but would welcome any thoughts or advice.

Many thanks
BB
Try doing a search for MrsDagboy - they have a house for rent around the bayside area
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

pomcol is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, hope you can help,

Many thanks
BB
Hi Beach Bound just to let you know Caloundra is not in the Brisbane area but about 80klms north of the city. There are plenty of bayside suburbs on both the north and southside of Brisbane within 15 mins of the city. Living on the northside i would suggest to look at Redcliffe, Scarborough,
Sandgate area, Members from the Southside may give you some to look for too.
If you came to the northern suburbs the closest surf beach is Bribie island about 50klms from Brisbane and thenthe Sunshine Coast about 80klms.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 3:48 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Hi, hope you can help,

Many thanks
BB
Hi beach bound.
Good luck to you on your validation trip. The link below is for rental properties in south east Queensland, for both short(holiday), and long term rental. May find what you are looking for.

www.seqrents.com.au/rental/index.htm

Neil.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

racheybabe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by neil.b
Hi beach bound.
Good luck to you on your validation trip. The link below is for rental properties in south east Queensland, for both short(holiday), and long term rental. May find what you are looking for.

www.seqrents.com.au/rental/index.htm

Neil.

Hi

Mum is renting a unit a spit away from the beach, apparently, at the mo. she is back next week and I can get the address of the people for you if you want.

Racheybabe
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:17 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, hope you can help,

Many thanks
BB
Hi, I was wondering what you were up to!

So, is the house on the market now? Hope you have more luck with it than we seem to be getting here........ We have got until 1st October to validate and it looks like we might have to if the house doesn't sell!

Good luck with the next stages of actually getting out there!

Binbird
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone who replied - I will follow-up the links, cheers.

Racheybabe, I'd be interested in finding out what your mum thought of the place she stayed in so yes please let me know the details if you can.

Pomcol, thanks for the info on the suburbs. We were thinking that for us with 2 young children it might be nicer to live away from Brisbane city centre, hence looking around the Bayside areas. Quite new to looking at this area though so welcome any comments anyone might have.

We like the look of the Sunshine coast but it may prove too out of the way for work, but we're going to have a better look just incase and it might be nice for the 'holiday bit' of our validation trip.

Thanks again

BB
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by binbird
Hi, I was wondering what you were up to!

So, is the house on the market now? Hope you have more luck with it than we seem to be getting here........ We have got until 1st October to validate and it looks like we might have to if the house doesn't sell!

Good luck with the next stages of actually getting out there!

Binbird
Hi there!

Yes, we're still plodding ahead trying to get things straight. We've just had 1 estate agent around and hope to get 2 more in to compare but really we need to do a bit of tidying up first! We have told the schools and more of the family and my sis has come back really liking Oz but saying she'll wait to see if we like it enough to stay and then she'll come - so we're going to be the family's trail blazers!

Good luck with your house sale, I had seen you're still having to go through that painful process we're just about to start

Beach Bound