Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Holiday from perth for xmas - low cost would be fab :)

Holiday from perth for xmas - low cost would be fab :)

Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:18 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default Holiday from perth for xmas - low cost would be fab :)

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a holiday around xmas time, we were thinking of Bali but its the wet season,,does anyone have any suggestions, just wanna go for a week or so,

Thanks all - oh have a 9 year too so needs to be kiddy friendly xx
Old Feb 6th 2010, 9:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday from perth for xmas - low cost would be fab :)

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a holiday around xmas time, we were thinking of Bali but its the wet season,,does anyone have any suggestions, just wanna go for a week or so,

Anywhere around there will be the same climate wise so unless you can go further afield you're likely to get rained on at some point. Unlikely to get low cost either, peak season time.

Apart from those words of wisdom, I can't help you, sorry
Old Feb 6th 2010, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all,

Hi, does it have to be overseas, or do you want to go somewhere in WA?
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:55 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Hi, does it have to be overseas, or do you want to go somewhere in WA?
ahh thanks, did fancy overseas,,,think i may stay here now though :/
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Monkey Mia, Coral Bay, Darwin, Margaret River, Albany, Esperance? Any of those take your fancy?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:41 am
native West Aussie

Genevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant future

Also there's Kalbarri - we have friends who rent out a holiday home up there and it's pretty popular!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

balis nice. So is Thailand. I dont worry about things like wet season.

vanuatu was cheap this year (well you know what I mean by cheap).

whats the budget?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Camping is low cost - my kids and OH love it and I tolerate it. Some caravan parks have on-site vans or chalets that are reasonably priced - check out that section between Busselton and Dunsborough. There are a lot of unspoilt places to go with very low overnight fees (but fewer facilities), and most SW "towns" have reasonable camping places. I haven't tried to book anywhere at Xmas, but it might be easier booking somewhere then as so many Perth people would spend Xmas Day in Perth with their families. We certainly used to race off on Boxing Day. Now we just laze around and go to the beach.

We've been to Kalbarri a couple of times and enjoyed it, but at cooler times of year. My only comment would be that once you're there, it's a long way back to the highway if you forget something or don't like it there.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Camping.....shudders!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Camping.....shudders!
Camping is great.I swore before we came here that I wouldnt dream of camping.But I really love it.The kids love it too.We get to spend lovely family time together.We have recently had 4 days in Denmark on the beach,$7 a night.My son and his Dad fished for their tea.Im going to buy proper camp beds as my back and neck kills.