Holiday in OZ

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

csutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nice
Default Holiday in OZ

HI Everyone,
We are off on hol to Oz on the 4th of April for a month. Going to Perth for a week ( we aim to settle there when we make the move) with a couple of days stop-over in Singapore, then on to Melbourne then Sydney and home via Hong-Kong.
I am soooo anxious about the whole thing, we have a 6 and a 3 y.o. so I am not looking forward to the flight too much in the first place. Also there is so much riding on this visit, we have not been to Aus before but decided to start the visa process and I have been offered a job from October '09 (nurse), depending on house sale of course which is difficult in the current climate to say the least. It is not an option to lease/rent out as we need the cash from the sale to relocate, start our life. I am originally from Hungary moved to UK in 1993 on my own, completely aware of the emotional strain that goes with such move, my OH lived in Somerset all his life although loves travelling and has taken many tripps before settling down to actually move somewhere permanently is a completely different thing. There is not many family members around to miss I have no other than my current family in UK so for me it is not a big wrench as we are all going.
I do not know if I make sence to you guys but I just feel that there is so much riding on this trip and I am terrified that it will not live up to what we thought. I have been unwell in the past two weeks with misterious illnesses and my OH says I am projecting negativity onto myself so we have to cancel the trip . Any positive wibes or thought would be appreciated (only positive I say)
Thanks for reading my rant.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice
Default Re: Holiday in OZ

i can understand your worry, i am the worlds worst worrier! and i'm sure your illness is caused by your worry, stress can make you feel awfull.

The flight will be fine, i was worried about my two, but they were kept amused by the in-flight entertainment, and one of the cabin crew took a shine to my son, he thought it was great, and i'm sure they will sleep a lot of the flight anyway.
As for Australia - you'll love it. just keep an open mind and enjoy every minute, you're so lucky to be travelling around, i've only been to Adelaide, but we're planning to travel around Australia when we make the permanent move later this year.

Have a great time!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

csutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hairart
i can understand your worry, i am the worlds worst worrier! and i'm sure your illness is caused by your worry, stress can make you feel awfull.

The flight will be fine, i was worried about my two, but they were kept amused by the in-flight entertainment, and one of the cabin crew took a shine to my son, he thought it was great, and i'm sure they will sleep a lot of the flight anyway.
As for Australia - you'll love it. just keep an open mind and enjoy every minute, you're so lucky to be travelling around, i've only been to Adelaide, but we're planning to travel around Australia when we make the permanent move later this year.

Have a great time!
Thanks Hairart,
just what I needed a positive soul, I am definitely a worrier.
I see you have your visa a while now, can I ask have you validated or moving over shortly?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

we validated last month because we hadn't sold our house, we had nearly a month in Adelaide and it was awsome, none of us wanted to come back.
And we sold our house while we were there.
Now it's really scary!
if all goes to plan we hope to go back about October, we thought we would have the summer here, and carry on working to pay off credit cards etc, rather than pay from our house money.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hairart
we validated last month because we hadn't sold our house, we had nearly a month in Adelaide and it was awsome, none of us wanted to come back.
And we sold our house while we were there.
Now it's really scary!
if all goes to plan we hope to go back about October, we thought we would have the summer here, and carry on working to pay off credit cards etc, rather than pay from our house money.
Good plan, I am glad that you sold your house, I think that is going to be our bigest headache. Good luck with everything, the move and your future.
Our plan is to go have the holiday, look around get a feel of the place see if it is for us, then come back put the house on the market, if sells before we are able to go (probably not) then rent for a while and go when we can. Hoping to leave before the year is out though. We will see.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I would probably go with an open mind?Its a huge move,and alot to think about but try not to look at Oz in holiday mode while you're there,look at all aspects realistically and good luck!Somerset is a beautiful part of the UK!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by csutka71
Good plan, I am glad that you sold your house, I think that is going to be our bigest headache. Good luck with everything, the move and your future.
Our plan is to go have the holiday, look around get a feel of the place see if it is for us, then come back put the house on the market, if sells before we are able to go (probably not) then rent for a while and go when we can. Hoping to leave before the year is out though. We will see.
that also is a good plan, good luck with it and have a fantastic holiday.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 7:49 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by csutka71
HI Everyone,
We are off on hol to Oz on the 4th of April for a month. Going to Perth for a week ( we aim to settle there when we make the move) with a couple of days stop-over in Singapore, then on to Melbourne then Sydney and home via Hong-Kong.
I am soooo anxious about the whole thing, we have a 6 and a 3 y.o. so I am not looking forward to the flight too much in the first place. Also there is so much riding on this visit, we have not been to Aus before but decided to start the visa process and I have been offered a job from October '09 (nurse), depending on house sale of course which is difficult in the current climate to say the least. It is not an option to lease/rent out as we need the cash from the sale to relocate, start our life. I am originally from Hungary moved to UK in 1993 on my own, completely aware of the emotional strain that goes with such move, my OH lived in Somerset all his life although loves travelling and has taken many tripps before settling down to actually move somewhere permanently is a completely different thing. There is not many family members around to miss I have no other than my current family in UK so for me it is not a big wrench as we are all going.
I do not know if I make sence to you guys but I just feel that there is so much riding on this trip and I am terrified that it will not live up to what we thought. I have been unwell in the past two weeks with misterious illnesses and my OH says I am projecting negativity onto myself so we have to cancel the trip . Any positive wibes or thought would be appreciated (only positive I say)
Thanks for reading my rant.
Theres alot of Hungarians living in Melbourne they came to OZ as refuguees after WW2 and after the Russian occupation. But l don't think there would be very many in Perth. l think you would feel better after going there for a holiday and see its a nice place , maybe you are affraid of the unknown.

Last edited by mohogony; Mar 23rd 2009 at 8:02 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mohogony
Theres alot of Hungarians living in Melbourne they came to OZ as refuguees after WW2 and after the Russian occupation. But l don't think there would be very many in Perth. l think you would feel better after going there for a holiday and see its a nice place , maybe you are affraid of the unknown.
Which is funny right as I came to England alone with a dictionary under my arm. You are probably right, this is a different senario with all of us involved not just one person. I have work colleagues who have worked in various parts of Oz and they only have praises of their time there, and their main reason to return to UK is family, every time.
Thanks for all the encouragement I will let you all know how it went.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Hi,
I would probably go with an open mind?Its a huge move,and alot to think about but try not to look at Oz in holiday mode while you're there,look at all aspects realistically and good luck!Somerset is a beautiful part of the UK!
Hi livinginreality,

I love the UK the countryside the history, is all good. Not so much the climate, there is no inherited illnesses in our family yet my son started to develop eczema, completely out of the blue. ( i appreciate there are many factors in developing this condition) I am certain the climate in Oz will improve his skin problems. At the moment we are having a lovely spring here with sunshine all day and it shows with everyone being in a better more positive mood. Sunshine lifts your soul(sorry corny right?).
What is your situation are you looking to make the move at some point?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,Yes I lived in South Oz for nearly 30 years,returned to the Uk 10 years ago and love it here.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Hi,Yes I lived in South Oz for nearly 30 years,returned to the Uk 10 years ago and love it here.
The main thing is that you happy with were you are. We feel we have to give it a go, don't want to say 5-10 years down the line that we should have done it. Obviously hoping for the best but will definitely give it 2 years in any case.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

I just looked up some review of our apartment on mounts bay rd where we booked and it seems to be a nice place to stay and explore the city from. Anyone has any first hand knowledge of the place?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 3:30 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

OZ is an English speaking developed country not very differnet from the UK so it would be easier to adjust there then when you moved from Hungry to the UK as you don't have to learn a new language. Most people who immigrate like the place and don't want to move back, but remember you can always move back to the UK, you don't have to stay in OZ forever ,if after a few years you think you were happier in the UK.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mohogony
OZ is an English speaking developed country not very differnet from the UK so it would be easier to adjust there then when you moved from Hungry to the UK as you don't have to learn a new language. Most people who immigrate like the place and don't want to move back, but remember you can always move back to the UK, you don't have to stay in OZ forever ,if after a few years you think you were happier in the UK.
Are u saying that Hungary in underdeveloped.
Although at the mo it seems to be developed by morons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.