Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Holiday insurance for 457 visa holders, help

Holiday insurance for 457 visa holders, help

Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Holiday insurance for 457 visa holders, help

Hey, im off on Holiday soon and cant get any holiday insurance because Im on a visa.

Has anyone worked out how to get insured ?? I was wondering about getting an isurer to insure me from the UK and put down my parents address, would this work and would it cover me if i broke my leg or something. I understand that i would need to be repatriated to the UK.

any help would be great I leave next week.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:12 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday insurance for 457 visa holders, help

Hi

Try http://www.columbusdirect.com.au/

I use them now and also when I was on a student visa - they only require you to be 'resident' in Australia and to have been here for 3 months.

I rang them and asked if temp residency was ok and they were fine. I have used them for over 5 years but haven't had to claim yet so can't comment on that.