British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Holiday ideas..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/holiday-ideas-789834/)

moneypenny20 Mar 8th 2013 2:16 am

Holiday ideas.....

Ok so we're thinking of a holiday but at a loss as to what we want, just know what we don't want and top of that list is Bali :lol: So people, where do you want to go on holiday and why? Preferably no more than a 10 hour flight from Brissie. Not thinking money at the moment, well we are but not got a clue on how much we need to spend so open to all suggestions at the mo. Please and thank you :D

irishbloo Mar 8th 2013 2:19 am

Re: Holiday ideas.....

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 10591242)
Ok so we're thinking of a holiday but at a loss as to what we want, just know what we don't want and top of that list is Bali :lol: So people, where do you want to go on holiday and why? Preferably no more than a 10 hour flight from Brissie. Not thinking money at the moment, well we are but not got a clue on how much we need to spend so open to all suggestions at the mo. Please and thank you :D

We are also saying no to Bali.Would love to go to Vietnam.Eldest daughter is going there in September.I have heard lots of good reports.You sound like you really need one and deserve a holiday.:thumbsup:

msmyrtle Mar 8th 2013 2:21 am

New Zealand - Has spectacular scenery, and the weather tends to be cooler than Aus. Also have the option of mountains, beach, forests, etc
Samoa - Loved it there, it's a beach holiday like Bali with a fraction of the people
Malaysia - I was surprised at the diversity of the country. Would definitely visit again

Amazulu Mar 8th 2013 2:26 am

Langkawi in Malaysia. Very nice place, quiet and laid back. Not very expensive.

Air Asia X out of Gold Coast. Transfer in KL.

moneypenny20 Mar 8th 2013 2:28 am

Thanks both. It was much easier planning holidays when the girls were small and just accepted we were going where we told them.:lol: Now they're 18 and 20 it's not so straightforward. I'm also guessing it'll be the last family holiday we have.

scrubbedexpat097 Mar 8th 2013 2:32 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 10591260)
Thanks both. It was much easier planning holidays when the girls were small and just accepted we were going where we told them.:lol: Now they're 18 and 20 it's not so straightforward. I'm also guessing it'll be the last family holiday we have.

Texas:D

moneypenny20 Mar 8th 2013 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 10591264)

That would be me only hon. ;)

ozzieeagle Mar 8th 2013 2:51 am

Vietnam is top of my list, because it offers the most diverse experience in SE Asia.... Other than that India... But thats 12 hours away I think.

KJCherokee Mar 8th 2013 3:47 am

I can understand that you want to avoid the bit of Bali around Kuta and Denpassar, but there is a lot more to Bali than just the tourist traps.

Problem is you are talking about a "family" holiday but mixing young adults with (I'll be kind) more mature adults - how on earth you find a middle ground that appeals to both groups is beyond me!

Dorothy Mar 8th 2013 4:54 am

Perth is nice

The girls will love Perth. I have an 18 year old to keep them occupied.

:sneaky: That's more than a 10 hour flight.

I vote for Perth. :)

GarryP Mar 8th 2013 5:39 am

Try http://www.kayak.co.uk/explore/ and put in your requirements.

To the list already covered, I'd say Hong Kong (nothing like it for 'full on', and great for a two centre) or Hawaii (slightly longer flight time, but just about possible).

Bermudashorts Mar 8th 2013 6:49 am

On of my colleagues is going on holiday with his wife and two daughters soon, girls are about same age as yours, well a bit younger. The girls are very keen on Hawaii. Seems like a place that could have something for everyone and you could go to a couple of different islands too.

I am not sure how long the flight is.

RICH Mar 8th 2013 7:09 am

Pfft!
Florida:thumbup:

http://ezsmiley.com/gallery/characte...key-smiley.gif

irishbloo Mar 8th 2013 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 10591373)
Perth is nice

The girls will love Perth. I have an 18 year old to keep them occupied.

:sneaky: That's more than a 10 hour flight.

I vote for Perth. :)

:D +1

irishbloo Mar 8th 2013 7:52 am

How about Japan.