Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Holiday Home Rental

Holiday Home Rental

Old May 3rd 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

chrisgav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holiday Home Rental

Hi Everyone, i am going to brisbane at the begining of august, and i am looking to try and rent a place for a couple of weeks, either around brisbane or the gold coast or surfers paradise, any of these places would be ok as we are planning on travelling around aswell

Me and my family will be there for around 3 weeks, will be staying in a hotel in brisbane for the first few days, so would need somewhere after that.

I dont have a huge amount of money to spend, so we are looking for somewhere reasonable.

Thanks

Old May 3rd 2008, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Holiday Home Rental

i travelled oz in 2004, stayed in burleigh heads on the gold coast which is amazing, we was 5-10 mins from surfers in car.

We stayed at a place called 'white horses'( women named edith run it when we was there) and aussie resort (bloke called bruce ran it), beach across road. we stayed quite a while so got really good deal plus it was 4 years ago, but we paid appox $250 per week.
That was for a 2 bed, fully furnished apartment right on beach, with living room, fully equiped kitchen, telly, washing machine etc etc, balcony, both had pools, but aussie resort pool better as in ahape of oz and tasmania was a jacuzzi..lol

All along that strecth was about same price, and all really clean, we tried surfers but was dearer and not as clean and nice as in burleigh.

good luck, have fun

kelly
Old May 6th 2008, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chrisgav
Hi Everyone, i am going to brisbane at the begining of august, and i am looking to try and rent a place for a couple of weeks, either around brisbane or the gold coast or surfers paradise, any of these places would be ok as we are planning on travelling around aswell

Me and my family will be there for around 3 weeks, will be staying in a hotel in brisbane for the first few days, so would need somewhere after that.

I dont have a huge amount of money to spend, so we are looking for somewhere reasonable.

Thanks

Hi, we have Monday 4th - Friday 15th available if that's any help?
Old May 6th 2008, 4:31 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by taylor25
i travelled oz in 2004, stayed in burleigh heads on the gold coast which is amazing, we was 5-10 mins from surfers in car.

We stayed at a place called 'white horses'( women named edith run it when we was there) and aussie resort (bloke called bruce ran it), beach across road. we stayed quite a while so got really good deal plus it was 4 years ago, but we paid appox $250 per week.
That was for a 2 bed, fully furnished apartment right on beach, with living room, fully equiped kitchen, telly, washing machine etc etc, balcony, both had pools, but aussie resort pool better as in ahape of oz and tasmania was a jacuzzi..lol

All along that strecth was about same price, and all really clean, we tried surfers but was dearer and not as clean and nice as in burleigh.

good luck, have fun

kelly
Aussie resort is still going strong along with countless other Managment Rights along the Gold Coast.

There are two Backpackers places, on the coast one at Southport and one in Surfers.

Other than that your question is a bit vague as asking about Brisbane or the Gold Coast is like asking about London and Brighton.

They are about 1hr 15 away from each other and totally different ! One is a big city on the river the other is a major tourist spot.

I can only advise on the Gold Coast, but I would suggest staying outside Surfers as its less expensive and once you have been there once you wont want to go again !! The beaches are better further south anyway.

Look for Mermaid Beach, Broadbeach and Burleigh as places to stay. I can give you a list of all the recommended holiday places if you like.

Nick
Old May 6th 2008, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrisgav

Thanks

Hi Chrisgav, August is free and available if you are intereted, click on the signature, Good Luck.

Dale
Old May 8th 2008, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

SweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud of

you can always try www.brisbane-relocations.com they have some short term accomodation.