Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Holiday help Port Douglas

Holiday help Port Douglas

Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light
Default Holiday help Port Douglas

Haven't posted on here in a long long time, but this was the first place I thought of when I was stuck

My family are coming over in the September / October holidays and have decided that they would like to see the Barrier Reef. Port Douglas keeps cropping up as favourite.

Has anyone got any recommendations for an apartment to house 7 people, we are happy with pretty basic as long as it is in a convenient position,, my dad is 70 and grumbles if we make him walk too far . We actually can not afford to go away this year (financial crisis and all that) so we are just trying to please everyone without getting in too much debt.

My mum also floated the idea of a house exchange to reduce costs. She lives in the Hereford Marches, on the black and white village trail - which although a bit off the beaten track, is popular with tourists. Has anyone done this before? or would anyone be interested??

Thanks for your help :-)

Nikki
x

Last edited by mysnix; Jan 20th 2010 at 10:35 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:24 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday help Port Douglas

Bit of info in here Nikki
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=port+douglas
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

i can recommend Reflections of Port Douglas.

Nice apartments, close to Macrossan and the beach.

http://www.reflectionsofpd.com.au/
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mysnix
Haven't posted on here in a long long time, but this was the first place I thought of when I was stuck

My family are coming over in the September / October holidays and have decided that they would like to see the Barrier Reef. Port Douglas keeps cropping up as favourite.

Has anyone got any recommendations for an apartment to house 7 people, we are happy with pretty basic as long as it is in a convenient position,, my dad is 70 and grumbles if we make him walk too far . We actually can not afford to go away this year (financial crisis and all that) so we are just trying to please everyone without getting in too much debt.

My mum also floated the idea of a house exchange to reduce costs. She lives in the Hereford Marches, on the black and white village trail - which although a bit off the beaten track, is popular with tourists. Has anyone done this before? or would anyone be interested??

Thanks for your help :-)

Nikki
x
I used to live in Hereford long time ago. Sorry cant offer any help on Port Douglas but its somewhere we want to visit

Nicky
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

Cool thanks for the help guys - need to find some real time to put some effort in to the research!

Small world hey Nicky - must admit I truely miss the 'ford - always kind of assumed it would be where my kids would grow up :-( Not that there is anything wrong with where we ended up lol ...

Nice to see you are still around Bix ;-p
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:05 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mysnix
Nice to see you are still around Bix ;-p