British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Holiday Bonus! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/holiday-bonus-110955/)

geehaf Aug 25th 2002 3:50 pm

Unbelievable Holiday Bonus!

Having applied with my partner back in November last year and seeing the ICT priority changes, coupled with the lack of information and contact from Adelaide over the past 9 months we decided that our PR visa would not be granted for months and months. We decided to take a last minute holiday to "get away from it all". However, out of desperation (and 1 day before leaving for holiday) we decided to call Adelaide on Thursday night and were informed that our case officer had changed! As usual we didn't get to speak to our new case officer but straight after decided to drop him an e-mail inquiring about the status of our applicaiton as our medicals had been submitted over 3 months earlier.

It was amazing to receive an e-mail from him the following morning (16/8/2002), our FIRST ever e-mail communication from Adelaide even though we had many previous attempts with our original case officer. It provided us with useful details regarding our application, i.e. he was still waiting on the medicals from Sydney and it would be several weeks after receiving the results before (potentially) issuing the PR visa.

Off we went on Holiday.

Can you imagine the shock and excitement when logging into our e-mail on 21/8/2002 during our holiday only to find an message from our case officer explaining that the medical results were back and our PR could be issued subject to us being in Oz by 1/11/2002!!!!! Absolutely amazing (although, I still think it is a bunch of Russian hackers sending bogus emails!!!)

Just wating for the official letter to arrive and then off to London to get the visas stuck in our passports.

We have decided to take another holiday and validate the visa and return to Oz early next year.

Still can't believe it ... the blood alcohol levels are still over flowing with champers!:D

Although you've all heard it all before, IT will come and probably (like us) at the least expected time.

Other details on http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...App.jsp?id=173

Off to open even more tinnies!!!!

Cheers,

Geehaf
:beer:

yvsie Aug 25th 2002 4:13 pm

Re: Holiday Bonus!

congrats geehaf.....nice surprise huh?

good luck in oz..

ywoods Aug 25th 2002 6:43 pm

Re: Unbelievable Holiday Bonus!

Excellent news... I now sense an abandoning of the newsgroup for holidays hahahahahaha YAYYYYYY :)

Yvonne :)

20 days til we leave, 22 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by geehaf:
Having applied with my partner back in November last year and seeing the ICT priority changes, coupled with the lack of information and contact from Adelaide over the past 9 months we decided that our PR visa would not be granted for months and months. We decided to take a last minute holiday to "get away from it all". However, out of desperation (and 1 day before leaving for holiday) we decided to call Adelaide on Thursday night and were informed that our case officer had changed! As usual we didn't get to speak to our new case officer but straight after decided to drop him an e-mail inquiring about the status of our applicaiton as our medicals had been submitted over 3 months earlier.

It was amazing to receive an e-mail from him the following morning (16/8/2002), our FIRST ever e-mail communication from Adelaide even though we had many previous attempts with our original case officer. It provided us with useful details regarding our application, i.e. he was still waiting on the medicals from Sydney and it would be several weeks after receiving the results before (potentially) issuing the PR visa.

Off we went on Holiday.

Can you imagine the shock and excitement when logging into our e-mail on 21/8/2002 during our holiday only to find an message from our case officer explaining that the medical results were back and our PR could be issued subject to us being in Oz by 1/11/2002!!!!! Absolutely amazing (although, I still think it is a bunch of Russian hackers sending bogus emails!!!)

Just wating for the official letter to arrive and then off to London to get the visas stuck in our passports.

We have decided to take another holiday and validate the visa and return to Oz early next year.

Still can't believe it ... the blood alcohol levels are still over flowing with champers!:D

Although you've all heard it all before, IT will come and probably (like us) at the least expected time.

Other details on http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...App.jsp?id=173

Off to open even more tinnies!!!!

Cheers,

Geehaf
:beer:

SuzeM Aug 25th 2002 7:03 pm

Congrats Geehaf, excellent news!
Sue

shaun/lor Aug 25th 2002 10:52 pm

its supprises like that we like well done
shaun and lor

David Sep 18th 2002 1:34 pm

Congratulation BTW who is your case officier. Mine changed to and
they ended up losing my medicals
thanks

suebo Sep 18th 2002 8:32 pm

Good to see not all aussies ae lazy Bums:)

MrFlibbleUK Sep 18th 2002 8:41 pm

Fantastic news!....makes me just wanna mail my case officer to see how my apps is gettin on...nah best not push my luck, had one email from him already saying that he/she recieved additional info I sent.

Great news