Reload this Page >

Holiday in Alelaide?

Holiday in Alelaide?

Old Oct 26th 2004, 6:55 am
JWW
Forum Regular

JWW will become famous soon enough
Default Holiday in Adelaide?

Bit fed up with going to the Gold/Sunshine coast every year on holiday. Thought we might try Adelaide.

Can anyone suggest a good area/suburb to spend a week or so? Ideally near a nice beach, out of the city but close enough to drive in for shopping etc.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by JWW; Oct 26th 2004 at 7:14 am.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Holiday in Alelaide?

Originally Posted by JWW
Bit fed up with going to the Gold/Sunshine coast every year on holiday. Thought we might try Adelaide.

Can anyone suggest a good area/suburb to spend a week or so? Ideally near a nice beach, out of the city but close enough to drive in for shopping etc.

Thanks for any help.

try the stamford grand if youve gots lmoney to spend or anywhere near glenelg as the beaches are fab and the tram takes you into the city for next to nothing

adelaide is the place to be although its peeing down with rain at the mo but a lovely city none the less

arlene
Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:07 am
wombat42

Default Re: Holiday in Adelaide?

Originally Posted by JWW

Thanks for any help.
Although Adelaide is a nice little city, given the choice of staying in one place in Australia for a holiday l think you are making a mistake choosing Adelaide.
Having travelled all round Australia if it was up to me l would choose Tasmania. Tasmania's cool climate, snow capped spectacular mountains, rivers and scenic coastline and green countryside would make a good contrast to Queensland which you have already seen, Adelaides sun and beaches may be a bit too much like Queensland.

Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:14 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by JWW

Thanks for any help.
Never been there myself, but friends have told me that Henley beach, directly west of Adelaide is nice.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: Holiday in Alelaide?

Ramada Pier Hotel in Glenelg is also another great hotel which is right next to the marina and overlooks the beach. As Arlene says, the trams go right into the city, but if you want to go on the lovely old and historical ones you better be quick as they are doing away with them (much to my annoynance!!)

Places to visit outside Adelaide include, Mclaren Vale wineries, Barrosa Valley wine region, Kangaroo Island,. If you want something REALLY bizarre, take a trip up to Coober Pedy!! Thats where everyone lives in caves and mines for opals. All of these apart from McLaren Vale, would involve staying at least overnight as they are a fair bit away, but i am told well worth the visit.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:53 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
Although Adelaide is a nice little city, given the choice of staying in one place in Australia for a holiday l think you are making a mistake choosing Adelaide.
Having travelled all round Australia if it was up to me l would choose Tasmania. Tasmania's cool climate, snow capped spectacular mountains, rivers and scenic coastline and green countryside would make a good contrast to Queensland which you have already seen, Adelaides sun and beaches may be a bit too much like Queensland.
wanka............ mm
Old Oct 26th 2004, 4:36 pm
ausbird

ausbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JWW

Thanks for any help.
used to live near henley beach, thats where i will go if they let me back

diANE
Old Oct 26th 2004, 4:46 pm
Just Startin'

scotpandj is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wombat42

Didnt answer the question
Old Oct 26th 2004, 5:16 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Adelaide is gorgeous...dont knock it till you have tried it .
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:49 pm
JWW
Forum Regular

JWW will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your help guys.