Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Holiday Advice - any comments

Holiday Advice - any comments

Old May 5th 2004, 6:05 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Holiday Advice - any comments

I live in Sydney and have been here for two years apart from a quick trip to Bendigo over 18 months ago we have not left NSW for a family holiday - usual stuff, visits back to Uk and folks visiting us here, work and more work.

How we have agreed to meet my sister in Brisbane for a few days just before Christmas for the start of her Aussie holiday from the UK. This is to force us to take a holiday in Aus! I wanted to run this by folks and see if you have any comments.

We will have her son 14 who will have flown in before my sister to stay with us in Sydney, my son 14 and daughter 12. We have promised the theme parks for two years so we have to make that our priority. Sister will have spent time up in Darwin I think before she meets us.

So plan of Action

Leave 17th night time - rent a 8 seater and travel up overnight to Coffs Harbour (two of us share the driving - we are thinking 8 hrs max)

spend two days saturday and sunday at beach etc, stay night in relatively cheap motel.

Drive to Surfers Paradise on the Sunday night and stay Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed night in a high rise apartment in Surfers.

Spend Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday at three of the theme parks out of Dreamworld/Movie World/Sea World and Wet n Wild - which ones best for the kids age group? As by then we will have two set of adults, I can get a day with my sister and the blokes can do the same.

So a days activity for the blokes and a day for my sister and I need to be arranged?? Any good ideas??

Leave Car back to Brisbane airport and all seven of us fly back to Sydney for Christmas and the New Year! Yeah.

Costs so far quoted

Car - one way trip, about 800 - Avis best quote at the mo
Coffs accomodation - 200 - Coachmans inn one room for five of us
Surfers Paradise - 1200 - Condor Apartments 3 rooms 4 nights
Flight back for five of us (sister has hers) 445 Virgin Blue
Theme Parks about 700 with the discounts we have (from the entertainment book)

Total cost without booze and eats so far is 3345, obviously petrol on top.

Anyone got any comments

Cheers Sandra
Old May 5th 2004, 6:18 am
ABCDiamond

If it is three theme parks, then i would do:

Dreamworld / Sea World and Wet n Wild

Movie World was OK, for a 7 yr old. But , just not sure about 12 & 14 yr olds. But,... I could be wrong.

Other comments: ?
Have a GREAT time

Old May 5th 2004, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

kath29 is an unknown quantity at this point

The wetnwild park is brilliant fun for adults and kids. Highly recommended.
Old May 5th 2004, 7:01 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday Advice - any comments

Originally posted by Sandra
I live in Sydney and have been here for two years apart from a quick trip to Bendigo over 18 months ago we have not left NSW for a family holiday - usual stuff, visits back to Uk and folks visiting us here, work and more work.

How we have agreed to meet my sister in Brisbane for a few days just before Christmas for the start of her Aussie holiday from the UK. This is to force us to take a holiday in Aus! I wanted to run this by folks and see if you have any comments.

We will have her son 14 who will have flown in before my sister to stay with us in Sydney, my son 14 and daughter 12. We have promised the theme parks for two years so we have to make that our priority. Sister will have spent time up in Darwin I think before she meets us.

So plan of Action

Leave 17th night time - rent a 8 seater and travel up overnight to Coffs Harbour (two of us share the driving - we are thinking 8 hrs max)

spend two days saturday and sunday at beach etc, stay night in relatively cheap motel.

Drive to Surfers Paradise on the Sunday night and stay Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed night in a high rise apartment in Surfers.

Spend Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday at three of the theme parks out of Dreamworld/Movie World/Sea World and Wet n Wild - which ones best for the kids age group? As by then we will have two set of adults, I can get a day with my sister and the blokes can do the same.

So a days activity for the blokes and a day for my sister and I need to be arranged?? Any good ideas??

Leave Car back to Brisbane airport and all seven of us fly back to Sydney for Christmas and the New Year! Yeah.

Costs so far quoted

Car - one way trip, about 800 - Avis best quote at the mo
Coffs accomodation - 200 - Coachmans inn one room for five of us
Surfers Paradise - 1200 - Condor Apartments 3 rooms 4 nights
Flight back for five of us (sister has hers) 445 Virgin Blue
Theme Parks about 700 with the discounts we have (from the entertainment book)

Total cost without booze and eats so far is 3345, obviously petrol on top.

Anyone got any comments

Cheers Sandra
You get discount vouchers also from Avis for theme parks.

On our website we have deals with major car hire companies , may be worth a go, http://www.brisbane-bound.com/html/real-estate.html