Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Holiday Accommodation

Holiday Accommodation

Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice
Default Holiday Accommodation

Hi all

Just had a lovely surprise that all my family are coming out to celebrate christmas with us. They have booked their flights but now need us to find them a rental house for 3 weeks. We have been looking on the internet but most are already booked. It will be lovely to see them all but talk about leaving it till the last minute. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Nicky x
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:58 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday Accommodation

Originally Posted by littlenick
Hi all

Just had a lovely surprise that all my family are coming out to celebrate christmas with us. They have booked their flights but now need us to find them a rental house for 3 weeks. We have been looking on the internet but most are already booked. It will be lovely to see them all but talk about leaving it till the last minute. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Nicky x
Christmas time is the worst time to be trying to find accomodation (of any type), especially short-term leases of a house, at this late stage. You might be better trying wotif, and trying for an apartment.
http://www.wotif.com/search/Advanced...=&searchTerms=
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:01 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlenick
Hi all

Many thanks

Nicky x
Try this link for Stayz - just tried Secret Harbour and surrounds:

http://www.stayz.com.au/accommodatio...secret-harbour

Mum stayed in the Tuarts - very nice.

Or try the guys at www.emi-great.com.au - they're all local houses.

Good luck - you must be very excited about their visit

Jules
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

Hi

Thanks for the replies. Tried the site you mentioned The Bloke but a little far away from where we are. I know Christmas gets booked up really quick I don't think they realised how hard it was going to be to find somewhere.

Thanks for the sites jules already emailed a couple but booked up just emailed emi-great to see if they have anything. Hows the new house hope you've all settled in ok.

Must admit I'm starting to panick a little but I'm sure something will come up just have to keep looking.

Many Thanks

Nicky xxx
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 4:57 am
At home in Qld

theelliotts is an unknown quantity at this point

It may also be worth trying local real estate agents that do holiday rentals or look at realholidays.com.au or http://holiday.domain.com.au.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Nina
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky,

Thats great news the family are coming over!!!!
Hope your doing ok....sounds like it.
i remember seeing in the real estate agents window that they sometimes rented houses out for weeks. Sure if was Secret Harbour Agencys as I remember thinking that is what we should have done when we first got there.

Anyway, good luck with it all and speak to you soon.

Lynne xx
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mick69
Hi Nicky,

Thats great news the family are coming over!!!!
Hope your doing ok....sounds like it.
i remember seeing in the real estate agents window that they sometimes rented houses out for weeks. Sure if was Secret Harbour Agencys as I remember thinking that is what we should have done when we first got there.

Anyway, good luck with it all and speak to you soon.

Lynne xx
Hi Lynne

Great to hear from you, how's things going??? It's great news about the family coming over but talk about short notice and it's left up to me to try and sort it out. Stressed already ha ha. Will have a look in real estate windows and see what I can find. Take care and catch up soon.

Thanks to everyone for the help I will keep looking so any ideas keep them coming. Ta

Nicky xx
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:25 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi
Try www.holidaylettings.co.uk we booked a fab house for 3 weeks Nov/Dec