Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

holiday accomadation ? on Perth's coast

holiday accomadation ? on Perth's coast

Old Jan 5th 2005, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Default holiday accomadation ? on Perth's coast

Hi there,we are in the process of visa application and want to take a trip to Perth in November to suss out the different areas to consider when moving.
I'd really like to stay on the coast,north of Perth,iluka,ocean reef,hillary's.
Are these purely residential or are there hol accom too?
I have found one in Mindarie but does anyone have any other useful websites or ideas?
Lynn
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:28 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: holiday accomadation ? on Perth's coast

The hotel in Mindarie, is a little grotty to be honest. When our friends/family come over we always send them to the Sorrento Beach Apartments, they are beautiful inside and are right on the coast, plus they are walking distance from Hillarys boat harbour, so you are near loads of restaurants etc. The hotel at Mindarie is literally near nothing, there is nothing there at all.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

hunter will become famous soon enoughhunter will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: holiday accomadation ? on Perth's coast

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
Hi there,we are in the process of visa application and want to take a trip to Perth in November to suss out the different areas to consider when moving.
I'd really like to stay on the coast,north of Perth,iluka,ocean reef,hillary's.
Are these purely residential or are there hol accom too?
I have found one in Mindarie but does anyone have any other useful websites or ideas?
Lynn

here's the link :

http://www.sorrentobeach.com.au/

you could also stay at "Hillary's Marina", but you would get better sleep at "Sorrento Beach Resort" due to the clanging of rigging on the boats in the marina, as they sound like wind chines all night long.

Last edited by hunter; Jan 5th 2005 at 10:57 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hunter
here's the link :

http://www.sorrentobeach.com.au/

you could also stay at "Hillary's Marina", but you would get better sleep at "Sorrento Beach Resort" due to the clanging of rigging on the boats in the marina, as they sound like wind chines all night long.

Hi,
thanx for that sandra and hunter,i'll check it out.
I'm possibly bringing out 2 friends with me who will do the total tourist bit whereas I'll do it when I have time.I'm going to suss out the areas to rent/live in,any recommendations/places to avoid?
Looking on the property market,it looks like places like Hillary's,ocean reef and connolly are expensive,
Lynn
Old Jan 6th 2005, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sandradee
The hotel in Mindarie, is a little grotty to be honest. When our friends/family come over we always send them to the Sorrento Beach Apartments, they are beautiful inside and are right on the coast, plus they are walking distance from Hillarys boat harbour, so you are near loads of restaurants etc. The hotel at Mindarie is literally near nothing, there is nothing there at all.
Hi,
Does iluka or ocean reef have holiday homes/apts? or is it purely residential?