Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hobart Accomodation

Hobart Accomodation

Old Nov 14th 2012, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Ozpak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hobart Accomodation

My husband has stepped up as late replacement crew for this years Sydney Hobart Race. We are now frantically trying to find accommodation in Hobart 29 Dec 01 Jan, which as you can imagine, is proving difficult. Ideas, contacts or info on hidden gems welcome!
Old Nov 14th 2012, 8:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hobart Accomodation

Originally Posted by Ozpak
My husband has stepped up as late replacement crew for this years Sydney Hobart Race. We are now frantically trying to find accommodation in Hobart 29 Dec 01 Jan, which as you can imagine, is proving difficult. Ideas, contacts or info on hidden gems welcome!
What an amazing role to land I was in Hobart for the end of the race last year, brilliant atmosphere
Not the easiest task finding accommodation this late in the day though - two central places I've stayed in the past, Fountainside http://www.fountainside.com.au/ and Mid City Motor Inn http://www.hobartmidcity.com.au/

Good luck
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:29 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

we found fountainside was within walking distance and not too noisy despite being close to the road
good luck
Old Nov 15th 2012, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
What an amazing role to land I was in Hobart for the end of the race last year, brilliant atmosphere
Not the easiest task finding accommodation this late in the day though - two central places I've stayed in the past, Fountainside http://www.fountainside.com.au/ and Mid City Motor Inn http://www.hobartmidcity.com.au/

Good luck
I was there too. Were you at the food and drink festival watching over the wall. It was all very exciting. We were being told that they were over an hour away then up the Derwent they came.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 2:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martin1978
I was there too. Were you at the food and drink festival watching over the wall. It was all very exciting. We were being told that they were over an hour away then up the Derwent they came.
Best place to watch from ;thumbup:
Stunning sight seeing the harbour full of the yachts too, I love Hobart and have been thgere many times but had never seen it that packed before. Amazing atmosphere too
Old Nov 15th 2012, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

That's where the other half is from. We'd move there tomorrow but there's no jobs. Full on state recession I think.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozpak
For how many people? Just wondering if you would fit in our spare room.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Ozpak is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all.
iandandhelena what a very kind offer. We are waiting to hear whether we have managed to secure a hotel room, but otherwise will get back to you. It would just be the two of us!