British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Hiya all - We are new!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/hiya-all-we-new-280129/)

Mel n Daz Jan 26th 2005 1:42 pm

Hiya all - We are new!!

Just wanted to pop in and say Hello to you all.

We have just found this website as we are hoping to move to Australia :D

We are in the first stages, (just gathering information!) but we are sooooo excited!

There seems to be so much information on this site that i think i will be here for hours.

Take care all
Melissa

rubbeldiekatz Jan 26th 2005 1:43 pm

Re: Hiya all - We are new!!

welcome....you wont be here for a few hours....youll be here for a few months, trust me.....good luck !!!!

G'Day Jan 26th 2005 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mel n Daz

We are in the first stages, (just gathering information!) but we are sooooo excited!

There seems to be so much information on this site that i think i will be here for hours.

Take care all
Melissa

Welcome, welcome!

moneypenny20 Jan 26th 2005 1:46 pm

Hours, you're joking :D you will find yourself forgetting to eat, drink, work, sleep.

Welcome. Everyone is very nice, even if they have different ideas from you ;) The search facility is brilliant and I would almost guarantee that if you have a query it will be there but everyone will give advice happily.

What are you planning, visa wise? and have you any idea where you want to head for? Questions, questions ;)

Jimclevs Jan 26th 2005 1:46 pm

Take care all
Melissa

Welcome.......... and good luck on the long road ahead. An hour or so in here and you will see that there are answers to most of the questions you will have.

Also - check out the Immigration pages.

Beware though - the site can be addictive!!!

Regards

Jim

midge04 Jan 26th 2005 1:47 pm

Take care all
Melissa

Hi, and welcome, what has made you decide to emigrate to Australia

desperate2go Jan 26th 2005 1:54 pm

Hi Melissa

Welcome :) Your road ahead is long but people on here will help you through it all. Good luck with the process- and the wait of course

Disillusioned pre julyer!! :rolleyes:

scissors Jan 26th 2005 2:29 pm

hi melissa, welcome to the mad house,lol, only joking you lll make some great friends on here and all the info that you could need,have fun and good luck with your application :D

tracey

shecha Jan 26th 2005 2:32 pm

Take care all
Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Welcome to the forum!! As stated already - you will probably become addicted like the rest of us, but the info found on this site in invaluable.

Good luck with applying for your visa!!

Shell

stephenwhite68 Jan 26th 2005 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Melissa,

Welcome to the forum!! As stated already - you will probably become addicted like the rest of us, but the info found on this site in invaluable.

Good luck with applying for your visa!!

Shell

welcome and good luck.
may i say that after having applied in 2002 and now being only days away from flying out, it is worth all the tears and tantrums to finally be able to go and live our dream

This site is a god send !

Merlot Jan 26th 2005 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
welcome....you wont be here for a few hours....youll be here for a few months, trust me.....good luck !!!!

I have applied for parole to get off this site, too addictive and very supportive!

Best of luck Mel n Daz.

M :D

cadman Jan 26th 2005 5:14 pm

Welcome! :)

Sue2 Jan 26th 2005 5:15 pm

Hi & welcome :D you`ll get all the onfo you need on here :)

All the best :)

Sue

Mel n Daz Jan 26th 2005 5:35 pm

Wow!!

Crumbs guys!!

Thanks for all your welcomes ;)

I feel at home already. To answer some of your questions, we are hoping to head for Brisbane. We are not sure how we are going to go about our Visa's yet, but my hubby is a telecom supervisor/engineer so maybe we could go down that road. We are still in the 'absorbing information' stage so we are just looking into things.

There are so many questions i could ask you all, but i think i will try and surf this site as i am sure i can find lots of answer's without bugging you all.

There are lots of reasons we want to move away. Nothing really that drastic, but we are just fed up with this country. Although we are not going into this with our eyes closed. We know all countries have there probs, and we know it will take us a long time to get there, but we will do it! :D

Thanks again all, and we hope to get to know you all soon

Love Melissa

Sue from Manchester Jan 26th 2005 6:16 pm

Hi Mel

Now you need to get yourself sorted with an avatar and various descriptions about where abouts in the UK you live etc, etc. You'll find lots of advice about how to doit if you search for it. I'm off to Brisbane in 5 months. You'll find lots of threads about where to live in the Brisbane area, the climate, cost of living etc but the High Master of all things Brisbane is ABC Diamond, top bloke.

Sue