Reload this Page >

Hit a brick wall!

Hit a brick wall!

Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Hit a brick wall!

Hello guys and girls,
we've well and truly hit a brick wall today, as most of you know, we will have to lodge the bond money when requested, which our agent doesn't think will be too long now! I spoke to our lender today and explained the reason we would require a further advance just until we sell the bungalow, which is on the market BUT they will NOT lend for such a short period of time, so we are up **** creek without a paddle, unless we can sell the bungalow and complete in record time! We have today gone joint sole agents with the estate agents next door to my office, so i am begging you all when talking to him upstairs please ask him to give us a break too as we haven't got AU$ without selling!
To anyone who needs to lodge the bond money, get your property on the market sooner rather than later!
thanks for listening
Rach x
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:38 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hit a brick wall!

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hello guys and girls,
we've well and truly hit a brick wall today, as most of you know, we will have to lodge the bond money when requested, which our agent doesn't think will be too long now! I spoke to our lender today and explained the reason we would require a further advance just until we sell the bungalow, which is on the market BUT they will NOT lend for such a short period of time, so we are up **** creek without a paddle, unless we can sell the bungalow and complete in record time! We have today gone joint sole agents with the estate agents next door to my office, so i am begging you all when talking to him upstairs please ask him to give us a break too as we haven't got AU$ without selling!
To anyone who needs to lodge the bond money, get your property on the market sooner rather than later!
thanks for listening
Rach x
Hey Rach,

Who's your lender??? Won't they do a bridging loan??
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:39 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Hello guys and girls,
thanks for listening
Rach x
Sending positive thoughts your way. Have you tried somebody other than your mortgage lender? Do a search on here, I read something recently about somebody taking out some kind of bridging loan.
PS Got my house for sale NOW and haven't even applied for the visa yet!! And I wasn't ever a boy scout before you ask.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:39 pm
earlswood

Sending Cyber prayers Rach

Good luck!!

Anita x

Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Vicky o
just posted to your thread!
our lender is Barclays, spoke to their head office, to be honest she wasn't that helpful, just ummed and ahhed a bit! Said that they wouldn't do a short term loan! What would a bridging loan mean? Do you think i should just go into a branch and explain our predicament?
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
I read something recently about somebody taking out some kind of bridging loan.
Just re-read that comment and realised how ridiculously unhelpful it is
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rach

I can't remember where you are with the sale of your house, but there are lots of mortgage lenders out there with offers to pay valuers & solicitors fees. It may be a bit of hassle but a remortgage could help you out here.

One word of warning - make sure any remortgage doesn't have a penalty clause in it if you repay early.

Everything crossed for you

Graham
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default wmoore !

Thanks wmoore,
Vicky o just mentioned a bridging loan too! so will look into that option.
Thanks for replying and best of luck with your sell
rach x
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Earlswood

Thanks Anita
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:43 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bridging Loan

Usually available once you have exchanged contracts for the sale - repayable on completion of sale.

G
x
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:44 pm
What's happening dudes?

Default Re: wmoore !

Thanks wmoore,
Vicky o just mentioned a bridging loan too! so will look into that option.
Thanks for replying and best of luck with your sell
rach x
Have a look at the comments from JAJ here. It might be useful
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default arnie2oz

Thanks Graham
we have our bungalow on the market with who i work for and today put it on jointly with the agent next door, need a cash buyer, with no chain to offer full asking first thing in the morning!
I will ask our financial consultant about the possibilty and implication of remortgaging,
with kind regards
Rach x
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

noodle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: arnie2oz

Thanks Graham
we have our bungalow on the market with who i work for and today put it on jointly with the agent next door, need a cash buyer, with no chain to offer full asking first thing in the morning!
I will ask our financial consultant about the possibilty and implication of remortgaging,
with kind regards
Rach x
Hi Rach

I was joint with 2 agents, one who I knew. I wasn't getting anywhere and decided to go with 2 others. Because I was multiple agency, even thought there was nothinhg in writing stating how many agents, I took on 2 more to repleace the others and all of a suuden I had 4. Anyway after 2 months and 3 viewings I have had 3 viewings and an offer in 3 days. Agents have to understand that you have to do what you have to do. May not help, but just wanted to wish you all the best mate.

Lots of luck.

Noodle.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:57 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi Vicky o
just posted to your thread!
our lender is Barclays, spoke to their head office, to be honest she wasn't that helpful, just ummed and ahhed a bit! Said that they wouldn't do a short term loan! What would a bridging loan mean? Do you think i should just go into a branch and explain our predicament?

I work for said Bank (sorry!) in the business section though - I dont understand why they wont do a short term loan, we do for businesses. If I can get hold of any contact details at work tomorrow, I'll PM them to you.

Cheers
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: arnie2oz

Thanks Noodle and best of luck with your offer mate
hugs
rach x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.