Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hire Car - Brisbane

Hire Car - Brisbane

Old Sep 29th 2005, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hire Car - Brisbane

Anyone book from the airport or prebook when visiting Brisbane - doing a validation trip probably arrive early morning on the day. Cant decide if to do when I get there or pre book - seems a hell of a lot of options you can have, all sorts of waivers and the like.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:15 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hire Car - Brisbane

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Anyone book from the airport or prebook when visiting Brisbane - doing a validation trip probably arrive early morning on the day. Cant decide if to do when I get there or pre book - seems a hell of a lot of options you can have, all sorts of waivers and the like.
Its best to pre book.

We always use Avis. Oops or did use Avis, we live here now.

When you get off the plane at brizzy airport, and thru customs etc, you walk thru a eliptical walkway, into terminal building arrivals. Turn right and you will see the car hire desks on the far end.

I say pre book, because Brizzy is a busy commuter airport aswell, and business ppl from syd etc often hire cars here... you could be lucky and just pick one up when you arrive.

Doesnt cost an arm and a leg neither.

Steve

HireCar thread : Click
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:19 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are doing a validation trip to Brisbane in three weeks. Have booked all the flights, parking at Heathrow and car hire through Expedia. For us it worked out much cheaper than doing it all separately. You could have a look and see if they have got special rates for car hire on its own.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Hmm will have a look see - seems you get a good discount if you are resident in Aus with Budget Hire. Has anyone used this on validation trip after all I will have a visa to prove I am almost there ????
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

lynne & steve will become famous soon enoughlynne & steve will become famous soon enough

HI

We found the cheapest by far to be Ace. They have a depot at Brisbane and come with inclusive Kms, so a lot cheaper as you are not getting that bill on top.

Let me know if you would like their details.

Good luck Steve
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

If you pick up a car at the airport you pay extra tax on the whole hire. Better to get a taxi to your hotel and pick up a car downtown after you've rested.

Lesley
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:28 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Its best to pre book.

We always use Avis. Oops or did use Avis, we live here now.
We always use Avis at Brisbane too. Hassle free, competetive rates and decent motors. I would say prebook too, for the reasons given above. All the buggers from Sydney coming up for some sunshine snap them up.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

got a quote of 437 for 19 days Nissan Pulsar ? Do I suppose...........Next one was a corolla at 599 so guess its Pulsar and thats pickup and drop off at airport too - not that bad i suppose. Better look for hidden things - this was via travelbag
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

jaguaruk will become famous soon enoughjaguaruk will become famous soon enough

I can only speak from experience, when we arrived at Brisbane last year on a 2 week holiday the Airport rentals were VERY expensive.

We booked the bus for a return trip from the airport, and then used a local hire place in broadwater (surfers paradise). This worked out a lot less expensive for us, so when we go in 3 weeks time, for a 2 week stay and visa validation, we will do the same thing again.

I can't remember what the company was called but I remember where they were based. I suppose it depends on where you are staying as to whether any of this is relevant or not? If it is I can post details on a map, as to where they are located.

Ken
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

DJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant future

We are getting a one way hire from Brisbane airport to Sydney airport, 8 days in November. Best price so far is $506 for a Falcon Wagon. We will have loads of luggage, hence the big car.This is with Hertz through Drive Later (www.drivelater.co.au).

I know one ways and hiring at airports are more expensive.

Anyone suggest a better place to hire from?

Dave
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Arriving in Brissie sounds all very exciting... ...Wow Ill be doing that next July.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

This is a good site - http://www.rentnewcars.com.au/

Please don't drive straight after a long flight. We wrote off a car in Greece doing this, not knowing the roads etc. Taxi from Bisbane is quick and cheap. There's also the train to the Gold Coast. You can still pre-book - some hire companies will bring the car to your hotel, just ask.

Lesley
Old Sep 29th 2005, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

p63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Hire Car - Brisbane

Hi

We are travelling on the 12th October to Brisbane and I finally booked our car hire last night.

Originally I was trying to book a Mitsubishi Outlander with Thrifty for A$1150 for 20 days but their website would not work properly!
Eventually I got bored trying and phoned Europcar and they price matched Thrifty with a Nissan X-Trail with baby seat for A$1119.

I am going to insure against the CDW with www.insure4carhire.com for £59.

Good luck

HTH

MichaelB
Old Sep 29th 2005, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by p63500sv8
Hi

We are travelling on the 12th October to Brisbane and I finally booked our car hire last night.

Originally I was trying to book a Mitsubishi Outlander with Thrifty for A$1150 for 20 days but their website would not work properly!
Eventually I got bored trying and phoned Europcar and they price matched Thrifty with a Nissan X-Trail with baby seat for A$1119.

I am going to insure against the CDW with www.insure4carhire.com for £59.

Good luck

HTH

MichaelB

Where are you picking this up from ? good price !! Is this in the airport or you getting a taxi ?
Old Sep 29th 2005, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

p63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Hire Car - Brisbane

Hi

Thats collect from and return to Brisbane Airport.
I did consider collecting from the City but the thought of making our own way to the airport when we leave was not appealing!

Cheers

MichaelB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.