Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In hindsight.......

In hindsight.......

Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:03 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question In hindsight.......

.... when would you have put your house on the market?? (for those sold/in the process of selling etc etc...)

Just curious...!!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:20 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future
Default Re: In hindsight.......

Originally Posted by Rooksie
.... when would you have put your house on the market?? (for those sold/in the process of selling etc etc...)

Just curious...!!
Hi Rooksie, was wondering same thing myself few days ago. Dont know whether to wait til we get the visa, or put house on market as soon as we've finished painting.

If we dont get visa, moving house anyway, so not sure what to do. But dont want to be in rented, cos it costs about £800-900 to rent somewhere round here, couldnt afford that for too many months!

Where the medical forms any help?

Jo
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Joanne
Hi Rooksie, was wondering same thing myself few days ago. Dont know whether to wait til we get the visa, or put house on market as soon as we've finished painting.

If we dont get visa, moving house anyway, so not sure what to do. But dont want to be in rented, cos it costs about £800-900 to rent somewhere round here, couldnt afford that for too many months!

Where the medical forms any help?

Jo

yeah they were a great help mate - thanks!! just needed a wee bit of help to get my head round the whole process - thanks everso.

I would defo have my house on market if i was in your position mate - you are very close now and you know how long a house sale/chain/blah blah can take! Get it on girl!!

I would love to be in a position where visa came through and then we were off!! fabbie
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:24 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious...!!

When we did 10 weeks after meds as it has worked out fine for us.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
When we did 10 weeks after meds as it has worked out fine for us.

you have been sooo lucky though mate! havent seen anyone else on here sell house as quickly as you guys!!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:27 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

you have been sooo lucky though mate! havent seen anyone else on here sell house as quickly as you guys!!

Exactly that's why in hindsight I wouldn't change a thing
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:28 am
ABCDiamond

Just curious...!!
3 Years after I did !!! I'd have doubled my money if i'd waited

Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:30 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

yeah they were a great help mate - thanks!! just needed a wee bit of help to get my head round the whole process - thanks everso.

I would defo have my house on market if i was in your position mate - you are very close now and you know how long a house sale/chain/blah blah can take! Get it on girl!!

I would love to be in a position where visa came through and then we were off!! fabbie
Perhaps I should be painting then, instead of being on here!!

Hoping to go as quickly as poss once get visas, eldest due to start secondary school in September and dont want to fork out for uniform, being the tight git that I am!! So time is really running out for us! Better get painting!!

Cheers.

Jo
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Joanne
Perhaps I should be painting then, instead of being on here!!

Hoping to go as quickly as poss once get visas, eldest due to start secondary school in September and dont want to fork out for uniform, being the tight git that I am!! So time is really running out for us! Better get painting!!

Cheers.

Jo

im going to check up on you matey so get cracking!!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
Exactly that's why in hindsight I wouldn't change a thing

smartarse!!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
3 Years after I did !!! I'd have doubled my money if i'd waited

owch
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:50 am
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

As soon as you apply for our visa!!!!!
We are now in Oz having to pay our mortgage in the UK and rent over here! We did sell our house but it fell through 9 days before we left. My advice is sell and go into rented (never thought I'd advise anyone to do that before) if needed as at least you don't have the added stress of trying to sell your house and desperate to start living your dream
J+J
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:52 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by J+J
We are now in Oz having to pay our mortgage in the UK and rent over here! We did sell our house but it fell through 9 days before we left. My advice is sell and go into rented (never thought I'd advise anyone to do that before) if needed as at least you don't have the added stress of trying to sell your house and desperate to start living your dream
J+J
Trouble is we have two dogs and most rentals won't allow animals.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by J+J
J+J

i have heard that mentioned before - sell and then rent if visa not through in time. certainly food for throught - thanks. blimey, you must be stretched at the moment then!! :scared: sending some karma your way!!!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:57 am
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

i have heard that mentioned before - sell and then rent if visa not through in time. certainly food for throught - thanks. blimey, you must be stretched at the moment then!! :scared: sending some karma your way!!!
Hi,
Thanks for the karma!
Have to be honest finances have been better but we are coping......although the kids say they are starving
Got any food parcels going with that Karma?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.