Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hillbrook Anglican School in Brisbane - any comments?

Hillbrook Anglican School in Brisbane - any comments?

Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Hillbrook Anglican School in Brisbane - any comments?

This question is for a friend who is looking for secondary schooling, but I am interested in the response too....
Does anyone have any experience or opinion?

Thanks
Nicky
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Re: Hillbrook Anglican School in Brisbane - any comments?

Bumping......
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:19 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Has a good reputation for schools, and in that area theres not too many choices of decent schools (EPSH is *dangerous* stay away!!!)

The following document gives a comparison of all high schools in Qld which is ok as far as comparing raw data of %ge of students getting OP scores is concerned but doesnt necessarily tell the entire story.

http://www.qsa.qld.edu.au/downloads/...utcomes_08.pdf

The only bad thing I've heard about hillbrook is that because its such a small school they dont offer a great deal of choice in curriculum and may lack facilities when it comes to their I.T. stuff.

I think if you live nearby its a excellent choice - not too expensive for private schooling but a cut above Mt Maria (Mitchelton Catholic school), Mitchelton State High and Everton Park State High and considerably less fanatical than "Northside Christian College" - which has good academic results - but may be overly prone to dogmatic indoctrination.

Depending on the age of the kids you looking at another school to cosider is the new Lutheran school somewhere around EP - At the moment its tiny (only Grade 8 students so less than 50 students!) because it only opened this year so has problems - but in a few years time it will have established itself very nicely and have a full complement of students

Last edited by DadAgain; Aug 31st 2009 at 10:21 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

The only thing I would say is get your child's name down quick, Hillbrook has a great reputation but also a great big long list which you have to pay $60 per child to be on, lots of the of the kids in my childrens's school who are not going to BBC or Grammar have their names down for Hillbrook, I think the intake is around 100+ each year level so unless their names have been down for a few years they might find it difficult to get in.

Most children I know have had their name down for Hillbrook since Grade 1, I know it's crazy but it is just the way it is. Good luck.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the great advice ! I['ll pass it on to my friend...

And it CERTAINLY is something to consider for my daughter - who is in Grade One. We have her in Aspley State School and I am VERY VERY happy with it, but I would like to look at private for Grade 7 onewards i.e. 2015 onwards. I'll review Hillbrook too....
It's difficult when you are so new as you have no opinions on schools and areas and I find it difficult to committ. But it may be worth paying the $60 to have her on the list. I'll review the others too.....

Thanks for the advice !

Nix