Old Jun 14th 2003, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Default Hillarys boat harbour

Breaking news this morning
Print Email
Posted: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 6:52 AWST

Hillary's Boat Harbour shops destroyed by fire
A large fire has destroyed six shops at Hillary's Boat Harbour in Perth's northern suburbs.

Up to 45 firefighters contained the blaze, which broke out at the food-hall about 4:00am AWST.

A firefighter has been treated by St John's Ambulance for a minor injury to his eye.

Damage to the complex is estimated to be $1 million.

Fire and Emergency services spokesman Colin Williams says the blaze started in the roof space of one of the restaurants.

"At this stage the fire investigators are looking at it so we're unsure at this stage the exact cause," he said.

Last night we were woken by sirens going and going didnt realize that the harbour was on fire , took the above clip off news story this morning . Its completley closed off but will no doubt drive past today , what a shame!!!!
Joanne and Paul
Old Jun 14th 2003, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

mdufton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hillarys boat harbour

Hi Joanne and Paul

Have you driven past yet? I've missed the news today, and haven't heard anything about it.

Mike Dufton
City Beach
Old Jun 14th 2003, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Mike
Well paul went out for milk first thing and said he couldnt see anything from the road or carpark , so we thought perhaps it wasnt to bad, until we caught sight of the news god wasnt it alight , it looks like the food hall has been destroyed and the shops around , it was just a glow in the sky and flames shooting everywhere , , so that means british lolly shop has gone
But no its sad because i think its lovely down there.
Joanne
Old Jun 14th 2003, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well we had a walk over this afternoon , and its just gutted the food forum and shops at the far end of the harbour , what a mess. The news has now estimated at $2 million dollars worth of damage. It stopped just at the British lollie shop so its safe . But sadly the rest arent so lucky, no ceilings , no roofs , terrible mess
Joanne
Old Jun 14th 2003, 7:34 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thats a real shame, its beautiful down there, lets hope they rebuild it nicely!
Old Jun 14th 2003, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the sad news. That was our favourite place to visit when we stayed at our aunties in North Shore. She has just moved to Mandurah i'm going to send an e-mail to let her know.

Cheers

Karen
Old Jun 29th 2003, 6:39 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

Originally posted by karen and andy
Thanks for the sad news. That was our favourite place to visit when we stayed at our aunties in North Shore. She has just moved to Mandurah i'm going to send an e-mail to let her know.

Cheers

Karen
yeah that is sad news. ive some fond memories of the day i spent there, including seeing a one legged seagull and chatting to this dissabled women for ages...lets hope they rebuild it sooner rather than later.
Old Jun 29th 2003, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

brotherlarrikin is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone did not pay the milk money or something? I thought that was just Vilnius!!! 'Insurance' is always necessary in my part of the woorld.

Hello! Larry
Old Jun 29th 2003, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by brotherlarrikin
Someone did not pay the milk money or something? I thought that was just Vilnius!!! 'Insurance' is always necessary in my part of the woorld.

Hello! Larry

Am I missing something here?